Look how much he's grown! (DUW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Yellow--Maybe! It's interesting to think about... :)

Sibi--Haha, working on that! Never have been good with names. I changed my boa's name 4 times over the course of a year before settling on the right one..

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CedarCreekLake, Texas
He's gorgeous and lucky to have someone who cares so much for him!

Mich

5 Year Member
I was thinking no way he's 3yrs old, he looked way too small but the pic of him in your hand gives a much better scale! :) Think he looked smaller at first because he's so nice and smooth! Mine is the same age, she is a little bigger but her shell unfortunatly is quite bumpy as she was miskept by her prev owner (I just got her last April). GOOD JOB!!!! :p

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Thank you, Mich!

I'm pretty confident that he IS small for his age. He was hardly bigger than a hatchling when I got him, and he was already about 2 years old at that point! This was taken the day he came.
P7010049.jpg

The previous owner had raised him in the same enclosure as 3 Sulcatas, a Greek tortoise (also really small for 2 years old), a Russian tortoise, and a wood turtle. No UVB, in a 3' converted bookcase on the floor of his living room with one little basking light and a CHE, both of which he would only turn on when he thought about it. Urgh. I actually pet sat the lot for a couple months (that's how I got the leopard, as payment). Luckily he let me fix some of the husbandry problems as a condition of pet sitting. :)

Mich

5 Year Member
Ouch .. ya in that pic he looks more like a yearling. Here's a pic of my leopard last March when I got her .. I was told she was 3 so I gues she would be nearly 4 now (assuming the person I got her off of knew anything real about her at all, he was only re-homing her after the prev owner surrendered her). Good size compare to yours, similar pose lol

IMG_7132.jpg

He was bragging that her shell is perfect? I was like nooo .. actually she has quite a bit of pyramiding. Then he said "well she is like 95% perfect" *eye roll* But I think judging by her size I guess she would have been about 3yrs old. Yours has REALLY come along :D Amazing what diet, UV and proper leg room can do! Grow little guy grow :D

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
She's beautiful, even with her pyramiding. Funny what other peoples' opinions of "perfect" are. LOL.

Yes, it really is incredible what a little TLC will do. The third to last pic in the first post was from a couple months after getting him... You can already see in that pic how proper temps, FOOD (I imagine he didn't get much with the two 6-8" Sulcatas hanging around), and some UVB had made a difference. His eyes weren't puffy anymore, and he was actually growing!

I think the significance of that was lost on the previous owner, though, because he still didn't understand why I kept telling him to not put the tiny 2" greek tortoise back in with the two 6-8" Sulcatas. :rolleyes:

Eloise's mommy

5 Year Member
Utah
He is adorable!! I can't decide if I like sulcatas or leaopards better they are both such pretty breeds!!

Status
Not open for further replies.