Long time visiter, 1st time member

Hardison & Sheldon

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Louisville, KY
Hello,
I have been fairly regular visitor for 4 years now, and have learned so much and want to thank you all. I am a proud momma to two Russian Tortoises. Sheldon, a male and Hardison, female. They do live separately and I do not interact them. I have had them both, for 4 years, and often wonder how I lived all these years without them! When I adopted them, Hardison was very sick, she had a severe bone infection, which lead to a small piece of her shell being removed and 8 months of antibiotic injections, drops, creams, and duct tape. What a trooper she was! She has been healthy and happy for 3 years now, due to a great vet and this forum! I recently visited because, I have noticed she has been propping herself up on the side of her enclosure and sleeping vertically. I was a little concerned until I came here and found out it was sort of common and no threat to her health. So again...thank you all!

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Welcome!!!!
Sounds like you have a real little fighter, glad she's ok now.
Look forward to seeing pics and future posts :)

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Welcome to the forum. Russians are so much fun. So much character and personality in such little tortoises.

Leonardo Dicaprio

Texas
Welcome to the forum, I have a russian tortoise too. I love him to death, he really is a fun little guy.