Light Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindseyjordan10

5 Year Member
So I have 3 different lamps for my baby Sulcata. I have a heat lamp, a ubv and a ceramic heat emmiter. I want to put them all on a timer. The heat lamp and uvb need to be turned on and off at a certain and then the ceramic heat emmiter needs to be turned on and off at a certain time. Does that mean I need to buy two didferent timers? Or can you set different times for each lamp on one timer? I also wanted to get a digital timer. The other one seems a bit dofficult to use

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I like the digital timers too. Put your heat and UV on the same timer, and put your CHE on a thermostat. You don't want or need the CHE "ON" all night. A thermostat will turn it on when it needs to be on, day or night.

BTW, if your UV bulb is a coil type, I recommend you use something else. Those can damage tortoise eyes.

lindseyjordan10

5 Year Member
Were can i get an affordable thermostat? And set it for 80 I think you have told me.

I have stopped using a coil bulb once you told me they were bad. I switched to a solar sun lamp

I only want the ceramic heater on at night. Is that still possible if i use a thermostat?

*where

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I bought my timer from home depot. Lowes and wal mart sell them too. I believe they are $10 or so. They aren't digital but they work just fine. I have it set to be on/of 12 hours.
It has 2 outlets. Plug the heat and UV bulb into that.

I paid less than $30 for my thermostat. Plug the CHE in and set the temp for 80F. Trust us, it will only go on at night when the heat bulb is off and the temp drops below 80F.
The nice thing about the thermostat is you don't overheat the enclosure because it will turn off, and you don't risk the enclosure getting too cold because it will turn on.

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
lindseyjordan10 said:
Were can i get an affordable thermostat? And set it for 80 I think you have told me.

I have stopped using a coil bulb once you told me they were bad. I switched to a solar sun lamp

I only want the ceramic heater on at night. Is that still possible if i use a thermostat?

*where

Try Tyler at tortoise supply.com, or LLLReptile. Both are site sponsors and good people. Thermostats run about $30. You can put your thermostat on a timer too, and then it can only function at night, but why? If the temp is warm enough because of your other bulbs, it will simply stay off. If the temp drops too low for some reason (maybe your other bulbs burn out while you are away...), your CHE will save the day and keep your baby warm enough.

Lancecham

10 Year Member!
Southern California
lindseyjordan10 said:

*where

Now you are talking about thermostats.
Here are several choices. Anything from cheap to $200 models
http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/reptile-supplies/thermometers-thermostats-and-timers/

lindseyjordan10

5 Year Member
I understand now. What should the temperature be in my baby Sulcatas enclosure? Hes about 4 months

Status
Not open for further replies.