Colorado Springs, CO
tumblr_m8q6x14yAu1rbkzymo1_500.jpg

:)

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
Deac77 said:
As adults mealworms are ok but as a growing baby I wouldn't and I have never heard about "heat from below" being preferred for any species of lizard Though I don't use heat pads except on my frogs and those are on the side personally I've come across to many bad burns from heat pads to risk it I'll look into this though since you've peaked my interest and I'm always wanting to pick up more info

Leopard geckos are nocturnal and in the wild, they come out just after sun down to warm themselves up on the rocks that are still warm. There have been studies that also show that heating them from below actually helps them digest their food properly.

That is a very cute little leo you've got there :)

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Colorado Springs, CO
298891fa.jpg

This is his setup! Finally got him to eat. He ate two good sized mini crickets last night and three tonight! Now he is in his humid hide on the warm side asleep :)

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
I really like your setup, it's very cool looking, especially since you seem to have encorporated a lot of every day items. My leo's enclosure is kind of "lame" but he likes it and I think it works :p

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
My leo just LOVES the fact that he can drag his humid hide where he wants to. It has paper towels in it, and he grabs one of the paper towels and just drags that thing around the whole enclosure.... It's funny to guess where you'll find it next time. I once found it upside down, but almost in the exact same spot I left it... hmmmmm.

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Colorado Springs, CO
They are funny creatures :) Today I found out my leo is a major tail wagger when he is hunting. He shakes his tail like a rattle snake then leaps at his dinner! So cute to watch!!

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Your enclosure looks great! I love all the rocks and the plants.

Courtney--LOL! That's one smart gecko!

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Colorado Springs, CO
Mine sits and "revs up" for a couple seconds then strikes :) I love the video!!

Do you know how old yours was in the video??

Status
Not open for further replies.