Leopard and baby red foot tortoise in need of a good home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nursinggeek

5 Year Member
I just found out that I have 6 months to live with stage 4 leukemia and looking for someone to take care of my baby red foot and my 8 year old leopard torts unsure how things will turn up I live in CINCINNATI Ohio

(Mod note: not asking a fee)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Oh my...I don't know what to say. I'm so very sorry this is happening to you.

I hope you are able to find good homes for your tortoises. If you weren't so far away, I'd take them in an instant.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I'm so sorry. :(

I would take them, but I am in the Cleveland area. So still pretty far. Good luck.

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
I.... I am very sorry. If I had the money and the space, I would take one for you, but I am very new to tortoise keeping and I do not have the funds.

I wish you the best of luck... I'm sorry again :(

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I'm trying to use mapquest to see how far Cleveland is from Cincinnati, but the mapquest site does not come up for me. If I can figure this out or ask my husband when I see him, I'll get back to this thread.

Rockford

5 Year Member
Truly sorry to hear your news. Unfortunately I live in eastern PA. Take care

Scot

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Ill pay for shipping if you don't mind the tort being shipped. I live in Orange County, ca 92649. I have a Redfoot currently and have a whole extra set up for another one. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I could take the leopard(s) and will pay shipping. I'm also near orange county.
I have the space and resources.

I'll send you a message.

Heather
sent while on my purple android TFOapp

I'm sorry to read about your news. I'll message you.

Heather
sent while on my purple android TFOapp

I just read your threads about Izzy.

I would be more than happy to be her home.

Nursinggeek

5 Year Member
Hey everyone this is tony I am my brothers twin I will be taking care of his stuff and they have move him to hospice and it is weird how someone be fine on Thursday and be in icu by Friday morning and now hospice I am still looking for a great home for these two beautiful torts

Thanks for the support
Tony

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
So sorry Tony. After reading the first post I got to thinking about how hard this sudden news is.

I sent a private message. If you or someone near you can ship to CA I'll pay the shipping cost and take the the leopard. I gave you my email address and you can message me if needed.

Thanks for being there for your brother.

junebugsmom

10 Year Member!
Orlando Florida
Sorry to hear about your brother. I just sent you a private message if youre still looking for a home for the redfoot

disdatdude22

5 Year Member
Im sorry to hear that :( if you are still looking for a place for the leopard, i live in tampa florida.

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
Nursinggeek said:
I just found out that I have 6 months to live with stage 4 leukemia and looking for someone to take care of my baby red foot and my 8 year old leopard torts unsure how things will turn up I live in CINCINNATI Ohio

My brightest blessings to you & yours. I beg the goddess that she helps in any way she or he can. I will light a candle for you...

As for the tortoises MiLady I'm sorry they need a new home; but obviously you made the right decision. We are a huge Redfoot home & have many friends for the leopard as well, large land & educated. Blessed be ....

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I am so very sorry you and your family have to go through this. I wish you the most peaceful days to come. Take this time to be with your brother and family. The tortoises can be dealt with later. We will all help you get them to their new home when the time comes. Please don't worry about them for now. Be with your loved ones and enjoy the time you have left together as much as you can. I am so very sorry:(

c.d.w.

5 Year Member
Sorry about ur brother .i live in St. Louis area would b willing to drive out and get them .get back with me if interested phone is 618-363-1584

c.d.w.

5 Year Member
Nursinggeek said:

Janine2566

5 Year Member
Southern CA
My torts would love the company if you still need to find a home. I am also in S California but closer to the desert so torts love the weather here

squancho

5 Year Member
We are down by Louisville, inbox us, we can give them a great home.

Status
Not open for further replies.