Latest Addition to my 2014 Christmas Display

JohnnyB65

Location (City and/or State)
Southern CA High Desert
I spent a couple of months rebuilding my 6’x8’ Christmas train display just to add a trolley that I bought a couple of years ago. It wasn’t because it was particularly hard, but was more that I just couldn’t get into it so far before Christmas. It was a real pain in the butt and I almost quit a few times but my wife kept pushing me. You’d never guess it to look at her, but she definitely has the power to get me going.

Anyway the overall display looks similar to past displays, but I completely redid the structure so it would be lighter. Now at least I can pick it up where as before my wife and I had to drag the thing across the lawn to and from the shed each year.

This is a video of the trolley and I’ll take more views of the display as I have more time maybe this weekend. This was just a quickie before going to bed the other day.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very nice. I always wanted a big train set like that. I never had room, so I had to move to Chicago, so I could have the real thing run through my city:D
Enjoy, look like you have done a great job.

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
How many years have you been doing this?
Probably 18 years but not always with trains. My wife bought a porcelain house on an after Christmas clearance sale and then every year afterward we bought a couple more on clearance at a 50 to 70% off. I'm not exactly sure when the trains came in, but it started when my son bought me one for Christmas about 15 years ago I think.

This was from 4 years ago: