Late Introduction

Eduardo Hernandez

Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, California
Hey!

I've posted before, so this is a somewhat late intro. I'm Ed, and I've had my Russian Tort for about 3-4 weeks now called Spunky. We got him from a vet tech, who had him since he hatched and took pretty good care of him. He's been dewormed, no pyramiding, and eats anything we put in front of him.

I have him in a 3' by 5' enclosure, it's just an IKEA cabinet on its side. I know it's pretty small, but I'm looking into upgrading it if I do move out soon as I live in a pretty cramped studio. He's about 4 inches, so not too big. The pic is of him in the morning, before I went to work, the day after we got him since he dug himself pretty deep. Thanks!ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1492570345.059352.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Think second level when your living in small spaces. Cuz, even though he's small, in the wild, the little buggers cover a lot of ground roaming.

Eduardo Hernandez

Orange County, California
Hello and Welcome. Think second level when your living in small spaces. Cuz, even though he's small, in the wild, the little buggers cover a lot of ground roaming.

Thanks! Yes, that is what I'm thinking of doing. He climbs everything though, so I'm trying to think of a way so he doesn't try to climb is and fall on his back. He learned pretty quickly not to fall off the edge of his half log though, and just slides down the side when he climbs it haha.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hello Ed! Welcome from Texas! I keep the Redfooted, but love Russians and really all tortoises and turtles. They make me feel of Infinite Wisdom (probably due to their propensity to longevity:))