Laptop question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
This last week my laptop started to do a screen flicker thing. It's worse when your first starting the laptop on. However as time is going on the pretty mainly horizontal screen jumpy thing (like my technical terms? lol), is tonight becoming more episodes of like a very very washed out screen with a bit of a jumpiness to it. I did a virus check and it says it is clear. Any idea as to what is happening or what part of my laptop is biting the dust?

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Jacqui said:
This last week my laptop started to do a screen flicker thing. It's worse when your first starting the laptop on. However as time is going on the pretty mainly horizontal screen jumpy thing (like my technical terms? lol), is tonight becoming more episodes of like a very very washed out screen with a bit of a jumpiness to it. I did a virus check and it says it is clear. Any idea as to what is happening or what part of my laptop is biting the dust?

Well, if you were using a desktop you'd be looking for a new monitor about now. Are you ready to get a new laptop? BF says a new display might be a couple of hundred dollars.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yep, monitor/screen is going:(. If you have a desk top monitor, you can hook the lap top to the desk top monitor. We have one running like that. Desk computer and lap top monitor pooped out. So just combined the working parts of the two.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
That's what I was afraid of. :( Typical when Jeff is coming home for Dr visits and so can be here to do repair work, everything makes sure to suck money down so there is none left for all the repair projects.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
My neighbors dest-top was slowing down to the point that it was driving her crazy. I just order a re-ferb Dell #320 laptop from a store on ebay for $180 (30 day return), they also have a website. These Dell lap-tops run great, if you don't want to spend the money right now for a new computer. I can send you the information if you need a laptop that can hold you over until you decide to buy a new laptop. ~C

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CLMoss said:
My neighbors dest-top was slowing down to the point that it was driving her crazy. I just order a re-ferb Dell #320 laptop from a store on ebay for $180 (30 day return), they also have a website. These Dell lap-tops run great, if you don't want to spend the money right now for a new computer. I can send you the information if you need a laptop that can hold you over until you decide to buy a new laptop. ~C

Thank you, that would be something to look into. I still need to ask my two youngest (who I gave the computer to), if they are using both it and the laptop. Of course, I have also been trying to figure how I can sit here, legs up on the couch, cats beside me and on the part of the legs not covered with the laptop and find room for the computer monitor also. :rolleyes: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.