Knitted tort hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurun3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, IL
I was bored last night so I decided to knit a hat. I've been wanting to knit something with a tortoise on it for a while but I couldn't find a pattern I liked. So I just winged it and made it up as I went along.

pics39009.jpg

It has button eyes and I knitted hearts on the shell. The ear flaps are supposed to be legs. It turned out pretty cute and it's comfy! Just thought I'd share.

BigBiscuit

5 Year Member
Iowa, U.S.
That is super cute. If you start selling them, I would buy one for my daughter (7 months old).

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Mississippi Gulf Coast
last night? as in it took you just one night to knit that? geesh would have taken me months. and then I wouldn't even have a hat shape.. lol. much less a turtle.. lol..

cute, you did great and without a pattern!!!

turtlemom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Berthoud, Colorado
Adorable!

Was I the only one that thought the picture was going to be a tortoise wearing a knitted hat?!!! :D

Donna

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
No Donna, I was wondering that very thing as I opened the thread. But I must say it is very cute. I think the turtle turned out fine. Any kid should be proud to wear that. :)

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Everyone at work wants to get Trevor a tux for my wedding. I sure would like to see that! :) I want him to be the ring bearer but I think it would be stressful for him so I just got a picture of him to put by the cake so I can "introduce" him to all my family and friends as most of them haven't seen him yet. It's this one:

2eusp6q.jpg

Target does a great job of printing pictures and you can send them straight to the store from photobucket.

I think he looks so regal. This is the first thing I thought of with tort clothes. We talk about it all the time! I don't think I'd ever manke him wear clothes though. I love the idea of a birthday hat for a pic though!

Oh, and my fiance gets all the credit for the picture. :) I think it's the best non-funny pic we have of him!

Love the hat...I'd even wear it!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I too, thought it would be a tortoise wearing a hat, but in a way this was so much better. I am very impressed by how well it turned out.

laurun3

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
Thanks for the compliments! I made it adult size and I'm totally going to wear it lol I'd like to make more and i have a few ideas to change the pattern so we'll see how it evolves :)

And cute tort!

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
the hat is awesome! I would love to order one in browns and olives to match Charlie!!! I you do plan to make and sell please let me know-- It is great!!!!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I have seen someone knitting little dresses for her RES on another forum, so of course I thought this was going be a hat for a tort. All mine (kids..grandkids..) are all grown up, or I would love one.

Kate...why don't you have the picture put on the cake? There is a bakery here that will put any picture that you bring them and put it on the cake.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
We're doing an airplane theme and have everything planned so I don't think that would work so well. The picture next to it is the next best thing to Trevor being there in a tux! Great idea though. :) I've been watching the Cake Boss show and it's amazing what they can do. Over our budget though, definitely.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I LOVE it! That turned out awesome! You're very talented :)

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
I love the hat. I want one as well. It would take me forever to do that, lol.

Jamie

1 Sulcata (Bowser)
1 Shih tzu (Suki)

www.myspace.com/bowsertortoise

:rolleyes:

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
hahaha how cute !! When I saw the post's subject, I thought it would be a cute pic of a tort wearing a knitted hat hahahaha, I would have ordered one for Tallula :p

Status
Not open for further replies.