Welcome home!
My first leopard tort, so excited!
Will be posting my enclosure tmr.☺️

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. Be sure to get him set up in a closed chamber with 80% humidity, 80 temps all over day and night and a basking spot of 95-100. Do not use a mercury vapor bulb or a coil bulb
Your tort has been started dry and at his young age is already starting to pyramid so it's important to get him set up right ASAP.

StephanCC

Today is my birthday!
Bangkok
Congrats. Be sure to get him set up in a closed chamber with 80% humidity, 80 temps all over day and night and a basking spot of 95-100. Do not use a mercury vapor bulb or a coil bulb
Your tort has been started dry and at his young age is already starting to pyramid so it's important to get him set up right ASAP.
Thanks pal!
I just brought it home today, so yeah, it’s been here with me for only a few hours. I’m in bangkok, humidity around 60%+, temps 26-32C, naturally, all year around, and kept 80-90% in my enclosure, aka my balcony which is a closed chamber, with some direct natural sunlight, lucky me, lol.
The sellers kept the baby torts in pretty dry condition, so, yep, need to take care of the pyramiding problem, it’s not too late to get it right, thanks for the kind reminder!
My 4th torts here since I moved to BKK, torts’ paradise indeed.😃
I had some torts previously, well, 20yrs ago when I say previously…stars, rf, hingedback, emys etc…

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just another reminder. The sun on the porch if shining thru fine screen or glass, the uvb does not penetrate.
Keep in mind that leopards seem to be one species that is hard to stop the pyramiding on. So even with all your best efforts you are giving or going to give, the pyramiding may continue for some time. But don't give up, your efforts will help for sure.

StephanCC

Today is my birthday!
Bangkok
Direct sunlight, no filters,
Usually I give them a good daily bath in the afternoon, warm water, sunlight, heaven, lol
Rf babe, 8months since I bought it, no pyramiding😉 steady growth, not too fast, mazuri once a week
48CE27AC-E2FD-42BF-8F49-79AEBA1D6BD8.jpeg

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Welcome to the forum.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Direct sunlight, no filters,
If its direct sunlight out on the balcony then it is not a closed chamber. That is outdoor living full time and it is not good for babies in any climate. Your tortoise will be healthier if you keep it indoors in a large closed chamber until it gets larger.

Also, 26-32 is a fine ambient temp, but your tortoise still needs a basking area that gets 36-37C all day every day.

StephanCC

Today is my birthday!
Bangkok
If its direct sunlight out on the balcony then it is not a closed chamber. That is outdoor living full time and it is not good for babies in any climate. Your tortoise will be healthier if you keep it indoors in a large closed chamber until it gets larger.

Also, 26-32 is a fine ambient temp, but your tortoise still needs a basking area that gets 36-37C all day every day.
Closed, with a French window(door to ceiling), which allows the sunlight coming in when left open, actually I’m using the balcony as a greenhouse to keep my plants, ferns mostly, which require high humidity as well, and they do hold the moist effectively.
Thanks for the advice on the temp, will do👍👍