Kamp Kenan

Caleman

I found a really good video from Kamp Kenan on You Tube, view the Ultimate Sulcata. I've drenched myself in all his videos on Sulcatas it's so informative!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I found a really good video from Kamp Kenan on You Tube, view the Ultimate Sulcata. I've drenched myself in all his videos on Sulcatas it's so informative!

Enjoy his videos, but keep in mind there is a lot of missing info and misinformation there too. That is not the best source for tortoise care info.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
His set ups seems very dry to me. I was also not keen on him showing different species together. But he does have access to some awesome animals (as I turn green)!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
His set ups seems very dry to me. I was also not keen on him showing different species together. But he does have access to some awesome animals (as I turn green)!

He is in FL, so any outdoor set up is never dry. This is one of my complaints about his videos. Even if what he's showing does work for him in South FL, that doesn't make it good advice for someone in a dry area.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
He is in FL, so any outdoor set up is never dry. This is one of my complaints about his videos. Even if what he's showing does work for him in South FL, that doesn't make it good advice for someone in a dry area.

I'd still love any of his animals! I have to be careful or I'll have a house full.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
68! I have the air on at 68 in WI. Shorts and a tshirt.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'm with Tom on this one . A/c on 68 that's just crazy talk . As for kamp Kenan . I think he has awesome setups . He takes really good care of his tortoises. But in saying that you can't just take one guys advice an run with it . You take a little information an mix it up to work for you . Get on line research Africa climates in the area tortoises are found . Then try to mimic that as best as possible. Tom's care tips work but if you live in Texas like myself the weather is crazy. So you have to constantly change an tweak things.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
68? Brrrrr….

I fight with my wife when she wants to set the thermostat below 80 in summer. I tell her its too cold. She tells me and my daughter to go put on a sweater.
I'm with you. My husband sets the thermostat to 68. I keep a blanket in the car to protect me from the air conditioning.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I love winter. I get to keep my house at 55F. Of course, now I will have to keep the tortoise room MUCH warmer...

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I use to live in IL and every set there theromostat at 68. Apparently it's the most energy efficient setting for the summer. The a/c used the least amount of power to keep it at 67-68 then it would any higher or lower. How much truth there is to this Idk. But that's what I heard when i lived in IL years ago.

Kyle

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
68? Brrrrr….

I fight with my wife when she wants to set the thermostat below 80 in summer. I tell her its too cold. She tells me and my daughter to go put on a sweater.
Your wife sounds like me. I say that too! :D

In our case the thermostat is set at 21C/70F and it's switched off completely from May to September (ish)

UK climate of course. That's to keep things warm not cool.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
I haven't watched many of Camp Kenan videos, but I've heard a lot about him when I was considering getting a tortoise from him. I believe he has a station at a few of the Repticons here in Florida. And @Big Charlie, I always thought you were a dude, too!!! Not because of anything you said, but I guess your tort's name somehow made me think you were also a man!