How much to feed

Tort_nube

I have a hatchling sulcata that I continue to do research for. Yesterday I discovered kamp kenan on YouTube who seems to be very knowledgable on tortoises and when watching the video on how to care for baby torts he said he only feeds them 3 times a week because that makes them healthier! I've been feeding my sulcata everyday and give her as much as she can eat. Is this wrong?

Careym13

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern Virginia
Like Zero said, if your tort is doing well then just keep doing what you're doing. I too have read that some people only feed their torts every other day or so, but they seem to be a minority.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
His tortoises are also outside in Florida and grazing on weeds and grass all day as much as they want.

Also, making charismatic internet videos does not qualify someone as an expert in how many times a week a baby sulcata should be fed.

Feed your tortoise every day, but feed the right foods and have a large enclosure for it to run around in.

Here are the "right" foods:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/for-those-who-have-a-young-sulcata.76744/

Tort_nube

His tortoises are also outside in Florida and grazing on weeds and grass all day as much as they want.

Also, making charismatic internet videos does not qualify someone as an expert in how many times a week a baby sulcata should be fed.

Feed your tortoise every day, but feed the right foods and have a large enclosure for it to run around in.

Here are the "right" foods:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/for-those-who-have-a-young-sulcata.76744/
Thank you I'm going to keep trying hard to get my tortoise to eat more grasses

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thank you I'm going to keep trying hard to get my tortoise to eat more grasses

It works best with freshly sprouted soft, new grass. I cut off clumps with scissors and then trim it on top of the food I'm feeding that day. Over time they will get used to it and just start eating it with all the other food.