Just couldn't pass these up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NC
So I originally had no intentions of getting anymore Torts. Dipp, Dott, and Cricket are, until today the only ones I need until I become a somehow become a multi-millionaire and can buy a giant plot of land and get a herd of Aldabs to sit and stare at. Well today a friend of mine gave me a call asking if I wanted to trade a retired pair of corns I have for sale for his two Pancake Tortoises. Well as the title says I couldn't pass these up. He's had these guys for about a year but no one wanted to buy them for some reason.

Here they are getting their bath the little one is so much more outgoing and that crazy pattern is pretty cool.
DSCF6430.jpg

Here is the "big" one
DSCF6431.jpg

His/her cool belly
DSCF6432.jpg

The little ones funky pattern, this is wicked
DSCF6434.jpg

Even the belly on the little one is freaky
DSCF6435.jpg

I don't know what the Boss lady is going to name them but I kind of like the idea of some torts that I won't break my back trying to pick up one day. But this is IT no more Torts! lol

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
NC
Thanks, I will say the shell will take some time to get used to lol

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Great trade. But, last ones, hmmm I bet a lot of people have said that just before buying just that one more hmmm:p:D They are beautiful, I wouldn't have passed it up either, and I have no intentions on getting pancakes. Yet LOL

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
NC
wellington said:
Great trade. But, last ones, hmmm I bet a lot of people have said that just before buying just that one more hmmm:p:D They are beautiful, I wouldn't have passed it up either, and I have no intentions on getting pancakes. Yet LOL

I had no intentions of getting pancakes either, to be honest the tort I have that I got "on purpose" was the Leopard Cricket.

ALDABRAMAN said:
Beautiful, they look great!

Thanks, I just keep staring at the little ones funky pattern. the pyramiding kind of sucks but heck I can't really complain

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Ive said no more torts in the past to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I just say its just a matter time. I dont say no more anymore

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
NC
LOL I know I'll probably get more torts one day, but no more this year for sure.

Katherine

5 Year Member
Beautiful! I have been toying with the idea of adding a smaller species of tortoise for the same reason you mentioned, won't ever break my back to maneuver them. Those pancakes are really gorgeous.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What a great find. Lucky you. The look fantastic.

Of course, you need at least one or three more. You can't keep them in just a pair... sheesh. Especially pancakes. They are the only species that lives in groups naturally in the wild. Or are you housing them separately?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Tom said:

Of course, you need at least one or three more. You can't keep them in just a pair... sheesh. Especially pancakes. They are the only species that lives in groups naturally in the wild. Or are you housing them separately?

I agree. You have to keep at least a stack of pancakes (ha I love the puns with these guys) that little female is just stunning. Great trade.

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
NC
katherine said:
Beautiful! I have been toying with the idea of adding a smaller species of tortoise for the same reason you mentioned, won't ever break my back to maneuver them. Those pancakes are really gorgeous.

I also like the idea that the Boss lady and the Kid on the way won't get bulldozed by these guys. lol

Tom said:

He had them living together for somewhere between nine months and a year, I honestly don't remember when it was that I first saw them at his place but it's been a while, so I kept them together. It's kind of cool watching them stack up. Do they really do better in groups of three or more? Ugg!

tortadise said:
I agree. You have to keep at least a stack of pancakes (ha I love the puns with these guys) that little female is just stunning. Great trade.

These two try to make a stack, the little one is good at winning the top spot. It's kind of neat watching them interact the little one, who is more outgoing, seems almost protective of the big one, who is really shy.

So the little one looks like a girl? Any Ideas on the larger one? Do you think the little ones pattern is something that may have been because of incubation temps?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Pattern is genetics and nature at its best. They both look female to me actually. Hard to be 100% though. How long is the tail on them? Males have really long tails but they are still youngish.

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
NC
I've only seen the little ones tail and it's a little stubby one. I'll try to check the other ones tail when ever it has settled in more. I'm trying to let them settle in a bit. the little one isn't bothered by the move but the big one isn't too happy about it.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yeah pancakes can be very shy, but also very active. I love my guys they are so random either super shy or super active

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
NC
They remind me of Dipp and Dott, my sulcatas. Dott my smaller one is outgoing as can be and Dipp my larger one is super shy.

Status
Not open for further replies.