Jacky And Daisy

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Good evening everyone,

I just want to introduce @Introduction who answered my old Jacky And Daisy Are On The Move thread. Anyway I hope Angie is feeling better today and that she managed to get out with Zola and his dad. Sue I hope you're okay, I know Dickie will be able to enjoy the garden for a bit longer but it must be stressful. I'm inclined to say that it might be better to get another buyer because I think you might need planning permission to remove that post.

I've had a quiet day although I've had to deal with a teenager with an attitude and I had to tell her mother all about it. Judging by her mother's response her school have probably mentioned it as well. I've taught this young lady for about nine years so I know she's hit a rebellious age!

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah - Zola has been in a particularly good mood all day,despite the heavy rain and no chance of a proper walk. He hasn't got annoyed with me once ! I went to my balance class today, and was the only one there but it was good, because Sheila who runs it was able to concentrate on what I was doing wrong, and advise me more. I was really tired after the hour-long session, and ache a lot now, but I feel I learned quite a lot - now I have to practice more at home!
Goodnight and love to you, Jacky and Angel Daisy and all our forum friends from Angie and Zola xxxxxx

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Good evening everyone,

I just want to introduce @Introduction who answered my old Jacky And Daisy Are On The Move thread. Anyway I hope Angie is feeling better today and that she managed to get out with Zola and his dad. Sue I hope you're okay, I know Dickie will be able to enjoy the garden for a bit longer but it must be stressful. I'm inclined to say that it might be better to get another buyer because I think you might need planning permission to remove that post.

I've had a quiet day although I've had to deal with a teenager with an attitude and I had to tell her mother all about it. Judging by her mother's response her school have probably mentioned it as well. I've taught this young lady for about nine years so I know she's hit a rebellious age!

Goodnight everyone

Rather you than me dealing with teenage attitude! Seems like you know her well after teaching her for 9 years.
You’re right permission to move the pole would be required as it’s a conservation area but we don’t intend to do it. It’s up to whoever buys the property to do that or just leave it where it’s been for over 60 years!
Dickie was out in the garden. I saw her today but it was a bit chilly so she wasn’t doing much.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah -The weather was awful today - especially in Zola's conservatory where heavy hail was bashing on the roof - however it improved a bit later, so he did get to look at the sea, very briefly.His dad weighed him on the post office scales, and he weighs I kilo 16 gms - about the same as he has been for several years. I'm glad he isn't growing, as he is small enough to hold and carry fairly easily, which suits his lifestyle !
Goodnight and love to Jacky, Angel Daisy and to you, and love to all our forum friends
from Angie and Zola xxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

How are you feeling today Angie and did you have better weather? Could the weather be affecting your migraines? It's been lovely weather here and I got out for lunch at the local theatre as usual. When I got back I gave Jacky a long soak whilst cleaning her enclosure and the pet carrier. She then tucked into the dandelions that I had brought back and now she is fast asleep! I hope to sleep well tonight as I had a late night.

Goodnight everyone

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Natrah - I went out in the morning , but my dad went for a very long walk in the afternoon, and didn't take me ! He said it was too cold - anyway, my mum looked after me, and on the whole I was quite good, apart from a very small bite on her ankle - she shouldn't have left it so close to my beak ! It was quite sunny today ,but I suppose it was cold.
My mum has a bit of a headache, but not too bad. She says not to worry about her, as she is very used to headaches.
I hope you get a good sleep -I expect I shall - and so will Jackie.
Love to you and all my forum friends from Zola xxxxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone and especially Zola, Dickie, Sherman, Sapphire (@Cathie G), Squirt, Sally, GGGGGAAAARRRYYYY, PeeWee and Seymour,

I hope you are all well and that Angie is feeling better. Zola and Sapphire did you go out today. How about you three Dickie, Sherman and PeeWee? I was given lettuce in the food bowl/basking table and Natrah looked and said that I was really better off outside but that it was still too cold so to make it easier she put the lettuce and later the dandelions on one of the rope tiles that are also in the enclosure. The food bowl/basking table was put alongside it. It was meant to support the food because I am a messy eater. However after eating I decided to bask and I climbed on to the basking table and found that it revolved. I can't imagine why Natrah was laughing because it was like being on the bathroom scales except that I could turn it around! You should all try this because it is great fun!

Goodnight everyone

Jacky, Angel Daisy and Natrah

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Good evening everyone and especially Zola, Dickie, Sherman, Sapphire (@Cathie G), Squirt, Sally, GGGGGAAAARRRYYYY, PeeWee and Seymour,

I hope you are all well and that Angie is feeling better. Zola and Sapphire did you go out today. How about you three Dickie, Sherman and PeeWee? I was given lettuce in the food bowl/basking table and Natrah looked and said that I was really better off outside but that it was still too cold so to make it easier she put the lettuce and later the dandelions on one of the rope tiles that are also in the enclosure. The food bowl/basking table was put alongside it. It was meant to support the food because I am a messy eater. However after eating I decided to bask and I climbed on to the basking table and found that it revolved. I can't imagine why Natrah was laughing because it was like being on the bathroom scales except that I could turn it around! You should all try this because it is great fun!

Goodnight everyone

That sounds really cool, Jacky. Can you get Natrah to send a photo of you doing that ?
It has rained pretty much all day -very loudly, too - we went out in the morning for my mum to have an eye test, and then on to look at the sea, but it was too wet to see much. In the afternoon I had a rest by the fire with her, and we both went to sleep, I think - well, I'm not sure if she did, but I certainly did.
More dandelions are growing in our garden now, which is nice for me.
Love to you, Jacky, and Angel Daisy, and Natrah, and to all our forum friends from Zola and Angie xxxxxxx

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire

Goodnight everyone

You could be a giddy Jacky if you spin too fast!
I haven’t been out today. I stayed inside my straw with my head poking out watching all the bird visitors.
I get the sense some changes are on the way, I don’t know what they are yet but hope I will like them 🤞
Hoping for some sunshine tomorrow so we can all get outside for a good walk.
I heard Sherman was stood out in the rain on Saturday with his eyes closed!

Goodnight from Dickie & Sherman

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Goodnight everyone

Dear MaNaAk,
Unfortunately it's still too cold most days here also for Sapphire to be outside. It's been kinda nice weather for me with a jacket though. Jackie likes mops but Mr. Fre is partial to brooms. They'd make a good team 😜

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

These were the best pictures I could get and Jacky's gone to bed. The day started with nice weather but it is now pouring and funnily enough my dry throat calmed down with the rain so I wonder if Angie feels better. My old school friend from Malaysia is on her way back there after staying with a friend in Manchester. She left at 11.00 am and will land midnight our time. She has missed the rain and goes back to 35 degrees Celsius.

Goodnight everyone

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Good evening everyone!

These were the best pictures I could get and Jacky's gone to bed. The day started with nice weather but it is now pouring and funnily enough my dry throat calmed down with the rain so I wonder if Angie feels better. My old school friend from Malaysia is on her way back there after staying with a friend in Manchester. She left at 11.00 am and will land midnight our time. She has missed the rain and goes back to 35 degrees Celsius.

Goodnight everyone

Dear Natrah - so you got the rain we had yesterday ! It has been dampish here, but nothing like as bad. My dad talked to the shepherdess who keeps her lambs across the road, and she has two already, and hopes for more soon, so we shall be able to see them. It is a bit too wet for them at the moment, anyway.
My mum doesn't feel too good, but she is going to see the headache nurse on Tuesday next week, and may get news of when she can start this new treatment.
I can see how Jacky is turning round- what a talented lady she is.
Love to you, Jacky, Angel Daisy, and all our forum friends from Zola and Angie xxxxxx

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Dickie has finally moved to our garden... I will take some photos over the next few days assuming she leaves her box. The weather is pretty cold & wet & it doesn’t look any better for tomorrow. A big rainbow appeared as we put her in the car. It was also raining.
The house sale completes tomorrow so this evening we went over & moved the last things out of the garage & took Dickie. She had partially buried herself in the ground instead of going into her box. It felt a bit cold & damp.
End of an era for all of us including Dickie. It’s quite sad. We hope she will settle in ok with us in her new surroundings 🙏

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Dickie has finally moved to our garden... I will take some photos over the next few days assuming she leaves her box. The weather is pretty cold & wet & it doesn’t look any better for tomorrow. A big rainbow appeared as we put her in the car. It was also raining.
The house sale completes tomorrow so this evening we went over & moved the last things out of the garage & took Dickie. She had partially buried herself in the ground instead of going into her box. It felt a bit cold & damp.
End of an era for all of us including Dickie. It’s quite sad. We hope she will settle in ok with us in her new surroundings 🙏
I'm sending 🤗🙏🤗🙏🤗🙏😊 and best wishes too that Dickie will settle in quickly. It may be a God send that she's been moved this time of year. She'll wake up to spring and then summer.😘

MaNaAk

Southend
Good luck Sue,

I know it will be bitter sweet because you will be relieved but also it is the end of an era and especially for Pete because it was it his dad's house. I hope the weather is okay because the forecast where you are doesn't look great! How is she getting on with George?

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
I'm sending 🤗🙏🤗🙏🤗🙏😊 and best wishes too that Dickie will settle in quickly. It may be a God send that she's been moved this time of year. She'll wake up to spring and then summer.😘
Dear Cathie,

How is Mr Fre? Please can we see a few photos of him.

I have been encouraging Jacky to eat kale again and in order to do this I had to feed her a variety of lettuce, dandelions and tomatoes. When I came back from a day of teaching plus rehearsing it looked like she had been having a party because most of the food had gone and what there was of it was on the floor and she had been twirling around on the food bowl! I think she looked disappointed when I came back because I had to turn the lights out!

Natrah