Jacky And Daisy

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Good evening everyone!

Angie you must be exhausted after your class and I'm glad you feel you're making progress. I'm sorry you had a bad night as well but I hope you have a better night to come. Today was a lot better than yesterday as I got very wet and I had to dry my anorak, gloves and shoes. Jacky spent about two hours outside and it was good to see her stretch her legs but she was ready for bed when put her back in the enclosure. I only turned the lights out when I got in at 8 pm.

Sue I hope Dickie ate something today but they say that it will get warmer next week so maybe so this should encourage her. I think she's probably also still settling into her new surroundings. I remember when Daisy had her first and I was unable to hibernate her in 2021. She seemed to have no trouble eating inside but last year when Jacky became ill after having trouble hibernating I had trouble getting her to eat inside because like Dickie she was used to eating outside. The only way I could get her to know that the food was there was to try and get her mouth open and put it in. I did this in the safest possible way and Jacky was able to nibble the pink thing that was holding the lettuce. I did have to do a similar thing to get her eating this year but I had no where near as much trouble as last year.

I hope Dickie's next injection goes well and that she feels okay. I'm looking forward to seeing if I can get Jacky to see the sea like Zola when it gets warmer and I can carry her a short distance in an appropriate pet carrier. Angie have you heard anymore about those Aldabras at all.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah - Richard has sent me this amazing photo of Zola's breakwater. It is on the right, and goes on behind the rocks - there is a person standing on it,towards the right - really tiny, so you can get an idea of the scale of the whole thing ! And another tiny one in a red coat in the middle of the picture, near the bottom edge.
Angie x`r61k.jpg

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Natrah - I hope all is well with you and Jacky. Zola went for a long walk on the breakwater this afternoon, and was quite tired when he got back. He probably feels much better - yesterday he was in a very restless mood, but it was too cold and windy to take him for a walk.
I expect Jacky would like to see the sea, though obviously not walk on the sand ! Do you think she likes meeting new people ? Zola stretches his neck out and really looks at them, which is often a surprise for them, as they don't expect to be looked in the eye like that ! He must have met thousands of people over the years.
I am having a bit of trouble with my headaches, and am really looking forward to the new pills - it would be nice if I could start them by my birthday in July. Of course, they may not work on me - they don't on everyone.
Lots of love to you, Jacky and Angel Daisy, and to all our forum friends from Angie and Zola xxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone,

Those are stunning photos Angie. We don't have breakwaters like that here but we do have the cliffs and I can of some quiet areas for Jacky. I remember Jacky and Daisy sticking their necks out to my nephew for the first time and he was very wary although he loved them

Anyway we had a bit of sun later in the day but by that time Jacky was ready for bed. I did get out to lunch at the Cliffs Pavilion but Sherman, Dickie, Zola, Sapphire, PeeWee, Seymour, Sally, Squirt and GGGGGAAAARRRYYYY (@Chefdenoel and @MenagerieGrl) look what I saw on the pavement on the way and I saw another one nearer the seafront. I have never seen a green snail before!

Angie I hope you feel better soon do you think you should see your doctor?

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy IMG20240428122242.jpgIMG20240428122319.jpg

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Good evening everyone,

Those are stunning photos Angie. We don't have breakwaters like that here but we do have the cliffs and I can of some quiet areas for Jacky. I remember Jacky and Daisy sticking their necks out to my nephew for the first time and he was very wary although he loved them

Anyway we had a bit of sun later in the day but by that time Jacky was ready for bed. I did get out to lunch at the Cliffs Pavilion but Sherman, Dickie, Zola, Sapphire, PeeWee, Seymour, Sally, Squirt and GGGGGAAAARRRYYYY (@Chefdenoel and @MenagerieGrl) look what I saw on the pavement on the way and I saw another one nearer the seafront. I have never seen a green snail before!

Angie I hope you feel better soon do you think you should see your doctor?

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy View attachment 369800View attachment 369801
Garrryyyy! ?????

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Zola, Dickie, Sherman, Sapphire, Seymour, Sally, Squirt and GGGGGAAAARRRYYYY,

I was outside enjoying the sun until I needed to come in for a smoke 🤣🤣🤣🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢.

Jacky IMG20240429130026.jpg

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

I'm sorry this is late but I've had to deal with a pushy parent. I have been teaching for thirty-three years and there's always one! I better go now but I'd like to know if Angie had to deal with pushy parents?

Goodnight everyone

Natrah

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Not really Natrah -when I taught infants in the East End of London, the parents were really enthusiastic and
appreciative, as they had mostly come from very poor families, and had little education themselves - and when I moved into special needs education, I was able to develop ways of teaching each child individually, as they were very small groups, and parents were just so grateful that their children were getting attention that I never really had any trouble. And, of course, I enjoyed teaching them, very much. I'm sure it's different when parents are paying for your music sessions - but you must know what a good teacher you are - so don't allow them to bully you !!!
Angie x

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah -it has been raining really hard most of the day, and Richard had to take the car in for its service early this morning, so he just put Zola in his warm cave, and we left him there until he came back about 4 hours later, and soaking wet from wandering around Bude in heavy rain while Martin fixed the car. The car is 18 years old, and still as good as ever -we try to look after it. So it was very late when we were finally able to take Zola out - still raining, but we had to give him his proper expedition to the sea ! He also had a long stroke by the fire with me, and seems more settled now - he doesn't like his routine being messed around !
I hope you have had a reasonable day today.
I forgot to say the baby robins - four of them - are now coming when Richard feeds their dad - and today,he offered one mealworm in his fingers, on the ground, and a baby took it -then a second one - and then two others flew up to Richard and stood on his hand to eat. And of course the robin dad took lots away !
We feel quite proud when that happens.
Love to you, Jacky and Angel Daisy,and all our forum friends from Angie and Zola xxxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Angie how are you feeling now? Amanda and Ernie are you two okay? We haven't from you two quite a while. I often see Cathie on Cold Dark Room and I know Sue is around. I hope Dickie is eating now and that Sherman is behaving. Jacky and I also haven't forgotten PeeWee and his escape attempt.

It's been a calmer day here especially after I discovered that the next exam entry date for the pupils is in December! Yay! I will have to find a way of telling the pupil's mother but after hearing him today he certainly couldn't have done July!

It's just started raining here but otherwise the weather's been okay and Jacky has been busy. She had a big breakfast and when I came back from shopping with her new pet carrier she went into the garden and started eating a lot more than when I first put her in the garden.

I hope your car's okay Angie and please keep us updated about the swallows and the robins.

Goodnight everyone

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I am sorry I’ve not been here for awhile but I don’t seem to get alerts when someone posts on this or any page?????
I have a lot of catching up to do but some of what I’ve read scares me! What’s going on with Angie!?!?!?
How is Jackie and MaNaAk!???
All the others????
Here in NJ it a little after 11:15 and I’ve to be up at work at 4:45 am
I will try to get on here asap but don’t get :
Hurt
Worried
Sick
Or anything else bad till I’ve had a chance to read the last 5 pages of this thread!!!
Wishing you all well and a good nights sleep.
Gary, squirt and Sally send their love and wish everyone well.

Attachments

• IMG_5678.jpeg
    IMG_5678.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5683.jpeg
    IMG_5683.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5687.jpeg
    IMG_5687.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5362.jpeg
    IMG_5362.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear @Chefdenoel10,

We're fine here and Jacky is spending more time outside. Those photos are gorgeous but Sally looks like a giant compared to squirt. What sort of work do you do?

Keep safe

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Hello Natrah
yes I am still around! Hearing of the rain you & Angie had yesterday, here it was our best day of the year I reckon. Lovely sunshine all day which worked wonders for Dickie who emerged about 10am from her box & spent the day exploring the whole garden at quite a pace!
We were both out for about 5 hours & the day just got warmer. I had put food outside for her first thing which she ignored but later Pete tried tempting her with some lettuce & kale & she had a little nibble, then went off to check out all the boundary fences with a bit of kale in her mouth. Twice we couldn’t find her, with the neighbour also coming out to check his garden just in case but no she hadn’t escaped. She was well camouflaged under the conifers & the second time hiding under the ivy.
This morning a chilly feel to the air & dew on the lawn. No sun & very misty & I think rain is forecast so I don’t know how she’ll be today. We are both out again at work so won’t be back for a few hours.
The vet trimmed her claws after her last injection & just said to report in a week how she’s doing. We are hopeful after yesterday that with a little more sun she will be back to her normal self.
What a lovely story about the baby robins ❤️ On our local news program Look East they featured a video of someone holding a little feeding dish & a robin feeding from it..… the robin continues to go to Petes hand but we’ve run out of live mealworms so he was offered dried ones which he shunned 😁Getting a bit fussy now!

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Just a brief note - I haven't been too well today, but I hopeI shall be ok on Friday for my balance class, which always cheers me up as they tell me I am improving ! The weather has been better today, but no walk for Zola, as his dad had to plant up lots of flowers. Still, Zola was pretty good, and we had a nice stroke by the fire. The robins are coming regularly - as soon as they see movement in the kitchen window, they appear -any time of day ! We have to offer live worms too, like Pete - only the best !
Love to you , Jacky, Angel Daisy.Dickie and all our forum friends
Angie and Zola xxxxx

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Just a brief note - I haven't been too well today, but I hopeI shall be ok on Friday for my balance class, which always cheers me up as they tell me I am improving ! The weather has been better today, but no walk for Zola, as his dad had to plant up lots of flowers. Still, Zola was pretty good, and we had a nice stroke by the fire. The robins are coming regularly - as soon as they see movement in the kitchen window, they appear -any time of day ! We have to offer live worms too, like Pete - only the best !
Love to you , Jacky, Angel Daisy.Dickie and all our forum friends
Angie and Zola xxxxx

Dear Zola,
Please take care of your wee mum today and tonight. She is not feeling very well.
If you do; there will be lots of treats for you when she is all better! Please let her know I am thinking about her and praying for her to get well real soon !!!!!❤️‍🩹😢🙏

Sluuuurrp!!!…
♥️🐌

Wishing you all well too!!!
Jaaaackieeeeee!!!!!! 🍫

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Angie,

I hope you're feeling better today. Just take it easy and Zola looks after you. You probably had a night full of thunderstorms as well. Jacky been in a strange mood today I put her out but then I brought her in because I thought she was. Then she wouldn't eat until I gave her dandelion flowers (although she did have some breakfast) then she did her 'housework' (trashing the enclosure).

Sue I'm glad that Dickie is on the mend and @Chefdenoel10 it's good to hear from you. It's been very overcast here which is probably why Jacky didn't do much outside. She was very active outside yesterday and her appetite was huge .

Keep safe

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Sherman I have decided to rearrange my enclosure. I pretended to be a asleep when Natrah was out and when she came she attempted to put me to bed but why should I be bed when I've got so much work! We hope Angie can go to her class tomorrow!

Goodnight everyone

Jacky, Angel Daisy and Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning everyone!

Angie how are you feeling today? I hope you can get to your class and I hope Zola is looking after you meanwhile I need to see what Jacky will be like today.

Natrah