it's 80 outisde...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenley

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, Az
So Tom said putting Crush outside in the hot AZ sun is probably not good for very long...Right now it's nice and shady in the backyard and 80 F....Would Crush be ok out there now? and is it the direct sun that's a problem or the actual high temp? (not the temp now, but when it gets hotter) Like, if he were to be in his pen on my back porch (which is pretty much shaded 24/7), would he be ok even with the temps being super high?...

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
The temperature in direct sun is always hotter than the ambient temperature, so as the thermometer rises directsun can be a problem if your tort cannot get in the shade and out of the direct heat.

80F in the shade sounds rather good :)

Believe it or not, we had that temperature in my part of the UK yesterday... although it was very humid. Joe was turbo-charged as he raced around outside :D

Jenley

5 Year Member
Phoenix, Az
JoesMum said:
The temperature in direct sun is always hotter than the ambient temperature, so as the thermometer rises directsun can be a problem if your tort cannot get in the shade and out of the direct heat.

80F in the shade sounds rather good :)

Believe it or not, we had that temperature in my part of the UK yesterday... although it was very humid. Joe was turbo-charged as he raced around outside :D

Ok. So I guess I will give him a soak and then let him eat his "breakfast" outside. Thanks JoesMum!

Status
Not open for further replies.