IT HAS BEGUN

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Here are the first eggs of the season, Princess laid them a couple days ago. I have had these guys long enough to really know the yearly schedule. They quit laying in the summer for about 3 or 4 months and start laying again around this time. For the next 6 to 9 months they will lay approx. every 30 days. I have 2 clutches from the end of june that are hatching now. The problem with Princess is she will only lay outside and it is usually late at night

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Wow! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you.
What type of incubator are you using? And can you help me sex one of my adult RFs? I posted my pix in the thread titled "More sexing fun".

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
ascott said:
Time to pull out your custom heat light set up and grab a jacket for you....:D

HaHa you remember, I had to do this twice with her to lay this one clutch.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Sulcata_Sandy said:
What type of incubator are you using? And can you help me sex one of my adult RFs? I posted my pix in the thread titled "More sexing fun".

I use hovabators, the cheap ones. How big is the redfoot you are trying to sex

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
bigred said:
Sulcata_Sandy said:

I use hovabators, the cheap ones. How big is the redfoot you are trying to sex

6.5"

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Sulcata_Sandy said:

I did look at the thread titled more sexing fun and Im with the redfoot nerd on this one,,,,,the tail looks to be female but at that size they can change pretty fast. I am by no means an expert on this:D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So interesting. The earliest my sulcatas ever laid was the end of Dec, but usually not until Jan. Mine seem to like to start laying late in the afternoon too. I usually end up with the CHEs and heat lamps with extension cords out there so they could finish on those cold January nights.

GO PRINCESS!

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Tom said:
So interesting. The earliest my sulcatas ever laid was the end of Dec, but usually not until Jan. Mine seem to like to start laying late in the afternoon too. I usually end up with the CHEs and heat lamps with extension cords out there so they could finish on those cold January nights.

GO PRINCESS!

Mine usually do late afternoon to in a nice sunny spot. Princess has done some late nights, after midnight lays:( I get up at 4am