Is my Russian coming down sick???!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimbledoe

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North Central Washington
My RT, Oakley, is starting to .?..squeak, tiny sneeze every once in a while. Mostly while she is eating. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

I have had her about 3 weeks now. She is 5 1/2", don't know how old. She eats really well. I give her spring mix, hens & chickens, prickly cactus. Plus I add a very little of pumkin, christmas cactus, kale, romaine, cilantro, aloe vera. Her poop is normal. She pretty much self soaks and drinks daily. I have a large enclosure so the temp range is 95 to 70 from one end to the other. She can chose to bask under the uvb light or go into one of two hides and/or shady part.

I feel kinda helpless as this is my first tort, and I am so worried she might be coming down sick.

Appreciate help/information you can give me.

Katie
IMG_0207_zpsba1b98a3.jpg

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
It could be any number of reasons from a basic sneeze to the beginning of a respiratory infection. Watch her closely and get her a bit warmer than usual. If there are nose bubbles or goopy crusty eyes get her to a vet. If your substrate is dry and dusty mist it to keep the dust down. As long as she is eating normally she is probably fine.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I would say, bump your temps up a little. Keep her warm. Give her daily warm soaks. See how it goes.

Nimbledoe

5 Year Member
North Central Washington
mainey34 said:
I would say, bump your temps up a little. Keep her warm. Give her daily warm soaks. See how it goes.

Thank you very much for replying. I have uped the temps, and will continue to give warm soaks. I'll keep a close I on her.:tort:

kanalomele said:
It could be any number of reasons from a basic sneeze to the beginning of a respiratory infection. Watch her closely and get her a bit warmer than usual. If there are nose bubbles or goopy crusty eyes get her to a vet. If your substrate is dry and dusty mist it to keep the dust down. As long as she is eating normally she is probably fine.

Thanks for getting back to me. I will keep her warmer, mist the substrate a bit and keep a close I on her. She is eating, just not the volume she has been eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.