Status
Not open for further replies.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
RE: Welcome to TortoiseForum.org !

Mic said:
hello! Im mic and i have a red legged tortoise named MichaelAngelo. I have only had him for about 2 months now and according to where i got him, he is about a year old. I have never owned and reptile before so i figured i would join this forum in hopes to learn more so i can properly care for my little friend. I have also never used a forum before...so i hope i can figure this out. I hope my intro is being done in the right spot. lol....

Welcome to the forum:D

hgd shell

5 Year Member

hey everyone my names Sally!
I have two Hermans tortoise Harry and George both 6 yrs old and a sulcata named Dougie 8mnths old just interested in the constantly evolving husbandry of tortoise to make sure im giving my guys the best life i can :)

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts

hgd shell said:
I have two Hermans tortoise Harry and George both 6 yrs old and a sulcata named Dougie 8mnths old just interested in the constantly evolving husbandry of tortoise to make sure im giving my guys the best life i can :)

Welcome to the forum Sally :) we would love to see some pic's of Harry George and Dougie:)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV

hgd shell said:

Hello Sally and welcome to the forum..

Aspar

5 Year Member

Josh said:
Welcome to TortoiseForum.org. We strive to be the leader in tortoise (and turtle) discussions on the web, covering all topics as they are related to everything from the Cryptodira suborder (thats a fancy way of saying tortoises). Our forums allow for in-depth and specific discussions which can be read by tortoise enthusiasts worldwide!

Register Now (it's free!)

I am Josh. I am the site admin/moderator/what-have-you.
Please use this space to introduce yourself (and your tortoises).

Hello Josh, I am the person of a 4 1/2 year Red Foot Tortie. We are fortunate to live in SW Florida where Benjam is able to live outside most of the year.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Aspar said:
Hello Josh, I am the person of a 4 1/2 year Red Foot Tortie. We are fortunate to live in SW Florida where Benjam is able to live outside most of the year.

:D Welcome! Glad you found this place. How long have you had Ben? :tort:

hgd shell said:
Sally, so nice to have you joining us! Sounds like your a very sincere and caring keeper. Welcome!

hgd shell

5 Year Member

Thanks everyone for making me welcome! i just try my best as im sure all tortoise lovers do:) will post pics when i work out how ha ha

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hello Josh and welcome to the forum..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Sally:

Welcome to the forum!!

May we know where you are?

Hi Aspar:

Welcome to the forum!! Yes, you and Benjamin are indeed fortunate. Florida is great for RF tortoises.

May we know your name?

helenab

5 Year Member

Hello, my name is Helena. I just moved from NH to Arizona and it is soooo hot, lol. I left my beautiful russian tortoise with my best friend, I had him for 10 years and thought the move would really hurt him. He is in a great home and with care and love that he needs. I have a beautiful back yard here in Arizona and am thinking of adopting a tortoise or two. I am in touch with the desert musam and they have many dessert tortoises that need homes. But only one is allowed by law. I was thinking of having many small ones in my yard. So I am not yet sure what I want to do as of yet. One big one or many small ones. I do not want to breed in any way. I would rather just get them in a rescue situation. Any suggestions?

Read more: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Hi-there--29341#ixzz1RY5IO4JE

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Helena:

I didn't see this thread until after I had already responded to your other thread...but...

Welcome to the forum!!

helenab

5 Year Member

Thanks I think this will be the best forum I ever joined so many nice people and many from Arizona, I need to meet people here. Miss having my friends back home.

My Torts

5 Year Member

ok .... so I've already posted on the wrong spot so I'm introducing myself here so I can get this right!!

I'm LaDonna and I live in Florida. We have 2 red foots and love them. Their names are Scooter and Grip. We've had them for 5 years and recently built them an outdoor habitat. Because we love watching them, we have deceided to take in tortoises that people no longer want so we are hoping to add to our collection soon. I'm glad I found this forum!

hgd shell

5 Year Member

Hi
Yvonne Im from sheffield in the UK,still can't work out the picture thing:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

My Torts said:
ok .... so I've already posted on the wrong spot so I'm introducing myself here so I can get this right!!

I'm LaDonna and I live in Florida. We have 2 red foots and love them. Their names are Scooter and Grip. We've had them for 5 years and recently built them an outdoor habitat. Because we love watching them, we have deceided to take in tortoises that people no longer want so we are hoping to add to our collection soon. I'm glad I found this forum!

Hi LaDonna:

Again, welcome to the Tortoise Forum!! And don't worry about posting in the wrong spot. If you do, one of the moderators will make it right. :D

hgd shell said:
Hi
Yvonne Im from sheffield in the UK,still can't work out the picture thing:)

Hi Sally:

If you go to tinypic.com, their instructions are fairly easy to understand. You put your picture up on their site, then just copy/paste the code into your post here. It looks like a bunch of letters and numbers, but it tells the computer program where to find the picture and when your post shows up, it shows the picture.

Or you can use Photobucket. But you have to open an account with them. Its free.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

maymay said:
hai hai..thanks for the add... :cool:

You're very welcome. Glad to have you here.

Tina Marie

5 Year Member
Hahnville, LA

Tina Marie said:
Hi, I am now the proud 'momma' of two little cherry head redfoots - Olive and Cosmo - I received Thursday morning -(Allegra's little hatchlings) well, I am truly in awe - they are the most adorable little things - with personality - I have determined both snubbed their nose at a piece of strawberry, but loved a mushroom slice. I took them out for a little bit - under a tree -

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    336.7 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.