Introducing New Russian Tort!

Moonfleur54

Location (City and/or State)
Millersport, Ohio
I want to sincerely thank all the Forum members who helped me with care for my baby Greek when she stoped eating. Sorry to say that she didn't make it? and happy to announce that I received several referrals thru TFO and pleased to announce the arrival of my 4-5 year old Russian Tort called Storm. Care advise welcome!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I want to sincerely thank all the Forum members who helped me with care for my baby Greek when she stoped eating. Sorry to say that she didn't make it? and happy to announce that I received several referrals thru TFO and pleased to announce the arrival of my 4-5 year old Russian Tort called Storm. Care advise welcome!
Hello. I have a little Russian also named Sapphire. I'm waiting on some pictures of your little monkey ? One of the best care advice things I can tell you is don't put anything past them. If you put Storm on an open table and you should, make sure s/he can't furnagle a way to climb the wall. They will move furniture around to do that. Best wishes ☺️

Moonfleur54

Millersport, Ohio
Hello. I have a little Russian also named Sapphire. I'm waiting on some pictures of your little monkey ? One of the best care advice things I can tell you is don't put anything past them. If you put Storm on an open table and you should, make sure s/he can't furnagle a way to climb the wall. They will move furniture around to do that. Best wishes ☺️
Cathie, its October 2021 and somehow I missed your reply. Thanks! Because she arrived in a storm from FedX, thus her name. However, because she is a good eater I renamed her Miss Piggy. Shes been so much fun to watch. I made her an elevated platform to climb on for her indoor and outdoor habitats. There's a couple pics of her in media before and after her growth spurt in July. Currently I'm struggling with her wanting to brumate. Keeping temps up and bright light. Hope she gets over it soon. Not eating, makes me nervous. Any advise?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Cathie, its October 2021 and somehow I missed your reply. Thanks! Because she arrived in a storm from FedX, thus her name. However, because she is a good eater I renamed her Miss Piggy. Shes been so much fun to watch. I made her an elevated platform to climb on for her indoor and outdoor habitats. There's a couple pics of her in media before and after her growth spurt in July. Currently I'm struggling with her wanting to brumate. Keeping temps up and bright light. Hope she gets over it soon. Not eating, makes me nervous. Any advise?
Yes just keep doing doing what you're doing. Put fresh food out every day and wake her up every now and then. I do let him have a bit of peace but not too much. Just regular care daily... He usually starts being more active and eating more around the end of December. By mid February he's begging to go outside but I can't let him. That's as hard as the trying to brumate time because he's so cute and I have to say no. Not yet.?

Moonfleur54

Millersport, Ohio
Thank you so much! I feel a bit better now, howevef its harder for me to go thru this than my tortoise. Also giving me th time frame Miss Piggy will behave tbis way helps tremendously. Didnt fi d that info on the forum. Your profile mentions you live in Lancaster....which state? Tortaloo! Amy

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thank you so much! I feel a bit better now, howevef its harder for me to go thru this than my tortoise. Also giving me th time frame Miss Piggy will behave tbis way helps tremendously. Didnt fi d that info on the forum. Your profile mentions you live in Lancaster....which state? Tortaloo! Amy
Same as you. ? It's kinda weird here with the weather. A lot of times we don't get the weather as bad as the surrounding areas though. There's even a big difference in temperature between my front and back yard. Also the other day the eastend of my city had high winds and I had nothing but rain. That was the day of all those tornadoes. I used to worry about him and the truth is I still do. But over the years I've grown kinda used to his slow times and don't worry quite as much. ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Same as you. ? It's kinda weird here with the weather. A lot of times we don't get the weather as bad as the surrounding areas though. There's even a big difference in temperature between my front and back yard. Also the other day the eastend of my city had high winds and I had nothing but rain. That was the day of all those tornadoes. I used to worry about him and the truth is I still do. But over the years I've grown kinda used to his slow times and don't worry quite as much. ?
As it turns out... it's a small world. We're very close to each other.

Moonfleur54

Millersport, Ohio

Moonfleur54

Millersport, Ohio
I'm in Millersport on the Lake. I know what you mean about the weather here. Thanks for telling me about your torts Autumn behavior. I feel more relaxed now. She was up at 6:30am and actually ate 2 soaked Flukers pellets! I know its not much but its something for now. Hoping she'll get interested in greens again soon.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm in Millersport on the Lake. I know what you mean about the weather here. Thanks for telling me about your torts Autumn behavior. I feel more relaxed now. She was up at 6:30am and actually ate 2 soaked Flukers pellets! I know its not much but its something for now. Hoping she'll get interested in greens again soon.
Yes it's one of my favorites of that area ? I'm going to have to look into Fluckers pellets. I like other things from them so maybe. Sapphire is so picky. He isn't refusing Mazuri LS on his salad though so far... maybe Fluckers now and then to change things up ?? slowly but surely ???