Introducing Darwin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoogator2

5 Year Member
I've been on this forum since I got my baby D, but just got around to figuring out how to start threads. So I would like to finally introduce my Darwin!ImageUploadedByTortForum1375973057.329789.jpg

I was told he was a Golden Greek, but after looking on this forum, I would say he looks more like an Ibera.

Any tips or tricks with Greeks would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

Teodora'sDAD

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
AWWW- hes a cute lil guy!! Just a heads up- if he's on top of one of those half rounded logs, watch that he doesn flip himself over trying to get on or off of it. My little girl had that problem often. So now I mounded the mulch up to it on either side and it works MUCH better now- no flips. :)

zenoandthetortoise

5 Year Member
Nice to meet you Darwin. This is Darwin :) I can't help with Greeks, but there is a lot of information at The Tortoise Table website.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1375973702.849203.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

zoogator2

5 Year Member
Teodora said:
AWWW- hes a cute lil guy!! Just a heads up- if he's on top of one of those half rounded logs, watch that he doesn flip himself over trying to get on or off of it. My little girl had that problem often. So now I mounded the mulch up to it on either side and it works MUCH better now- no flips. :)

Darwin hasn't had a problem with flipping. He has got climbing up down pat. And as for the dismount, he tucks his head in and slides down face first. I used to be so scared but he loves climbing and seems to know what he is doing.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, MB
Welcome! Cute tort! I have a Darwin, too, but she's a girl Hermann's tort. :)

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM] @ YWG
Hermann's [TURTLE][TURTLE] & Aussie [DOG FACE][DOG FACE][DOG FACE]

Status
Not open for further replies.