lighthiker2

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortForum1377391350.882358.jpg
Born February 2012 (Valentine?)
Currently 6 months old
5" long
264 gms

Indoor:turtle table with 100w che and uvb light, hide, coconut coir substrate
Water dish (with river rocks for safety)

Outdoor pen for summer days:
ImageUploadedByTortForum1377391570.185174.jpg
House stays 90 degrees and 65% humidity with coconut coir bedding that he loves to burrow and nap in

Feeding:

Grazing (lots of clover, wild strawberry plants, grasses), zoomed grassland pellets and mazuri, cuttlebone and powdered calcium/multivits.

This youngun acts like a toddler... Wanders around thn comes back to me as if to "check in". When a camera is present he walks ip to the lens, and when we are sitting outside he sits close and deliberately winks. Good personality.

He will use a chicken coop run and house/ramp for his outdoor space next year, followed by a designated yard of his own thereafter. Imagine the fun we will have if he stays a puppy-like fellow?

The rest of the family includes Momma, 12 kids, 8 grandkids (to date), 2 dogs, 2 cats. Others come and go (people AND animals).

12 kids
8 grandkids
2 wolves
2 dogs
1 sulcata

EDIT: Feb 2013!!!!

12 kids
8 grandkids
2 wolves
2 dogs
1 sulcata

Feeding addendum: one of my sons brings prickly pear cactus pads over and we despine them weekly. He also nibbles on aloe slices for an occasional healthy snack

12 kids
8 grandkids
2 wolves
2 dogs
1 sulcata

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum! I love your outdoor habitat.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). If your tort was born Feb. 14, 2012 it's not 6 months old. Please read Toms threads at the bottom of his post and mine for his great ways of keeping and raising smooth sulcatas and other good things you should know.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hello and welcome! Are there any predators that can penetrate the wired fence? Is the bottom secured from digging out/in? Those are just some of the questions I would ask of my sully. Your baby is adorable and looks so Innocent, but they do like to dig and many members lost their babies because they dug out of their pen. Wishing you the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.