Intro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenixK

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NC
Hi everyone, I'm Ven!
It's nice to be able to find a community of people who know what they are doing. I have a 1 1/2 year old Sulcata tortoise in Charlotte, NC.
I really need to find a way to get her weight up so if anyone has had this issue please speak your mind :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the Forum :D and we LOVE PICS :p

A sulcata that does not want to eat???? Now, this would worry me :p

In all seriousness, would you mind too much sharing with us how you have your torts enclosure set up, substrate--heating and lighting--does he get outside sun time?---what is his diet? How long have you had your tort?

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
ascott said:
Welcome to the Forum :D and we LOVE PICS :p

A sulcata that does not want to eat???? Now, this would worry me :p

In all seriousness, would you mind too much sharing with us how you have your torts enclosure set up, substrate--heating and lighting--does he get outside sun time?---what is his diet? How long have you had your tort?

And then post more pictures of it all!! *waits!!*

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome, Ven!!

Do you live in the States? We have access to a product here called Mazuri Tortoise Diet. You can buy it from a few members here on the forum, from the web site or from a feed store in your home area that sells Purina products. Mazuri Tortoise Diet is good for adding weight to a tortoise.

VenixK

5 Year Member
NC
I'm sorry it took me so long to reply (if anyone sees this).
She seems to be eating better, she's on a diet of collard greens, that one red purple lettuce, dandelion greens, and lots of grasses. shes been eating a lot more the past week, since i added that red purple stuff who's name escapes me lol.
The last few days she hasn't been able to get as much sun (due to rain) and I have noticed a link between how much exercise she gets every day, and how much she will eat when she comes back inside. Is this a common thing for them? I will post pictures as soon as I find a way to get them from my phone to my computer. :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

It is very normal for a sulcatas appetite to vary with the weather and their activity level. Just make sure your temps are up.

How long and what weight is your baby?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome.:) optunia cactus pads and Mazuri tortoise diet is also really good to feed and as much of a varied diet as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.