PA
I'm interested in adopting a large female tortoise

KimC

Location (City and/or State)
PA
Looking to adopt a large female tortoise - Leopard Tortoise possibly

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Kim welcome to the TFO from AZ. Why don't you wait til you get to know us a little bit . Before you ask to adopt a adult female Leopard tort . Cause I don't Evan sell my baby's . Most of us love are torts like they are our children . ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1429057845.370750.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello,and Welcome:). Chances of adopting a large female leopard will be near impossible, they are hard to come by and carry a pretty good price tag at a large size.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Kim:

It might help if we knew a bit more about you and what you're looking for.

KimC

PA
Finding a Leopard Tortoise for sale nearby isn't really an issue for me - I'm not looking for a breeder/etc to buy one from. I was looking into getting one who is no longer wanted or one with owners no longer able to care for it anymore and re-homing her, which I know is more unlikely to find.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Finding a Leopard Tortoise for sale nearby isn't really an issue for me - I'm not looking for a breeder/etc to buy one from. I was looking into getting one who is no longer wanted or one with owners no longer able to care for it anymore and re-homing her, which I know is more unlikely to find.

There is no harm in asking. I just want to let you know that finding an unwanted large female leopard tortoise is just not likely. They are very wanted and valuable. That's kind of like asking if anyone has any gold bricks they are tired of having to dust off every week.

Good luck in your search.

KimC

PA
I'm just looking into what may be out there unwanted. People get animals all the time and do no be aware of the care they take or the size they will grow to be. I have looked into adopting tortoises years ago when I got my first, who was large when I got. I know finding adoptable tortoises in the first place is not easy, not years ago and not now.