Inspired by all beautiful enclosures ....here is my little garden in a bin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pond_Lilly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tampa, FL
Finally finished a little project I've been postponing forever. Now my cherryheads have outdoor place to play in. The enclosure is plastic bin for a Christmas tree from wallmart :) Substrate: cypress mulch, topsoil, sphagnum moss on top. Plants: 2 bromeliads, romaine lettuce, umbrella plant, strawberries, hibiscus and banana tree. Water dish, cuttlebone and tile for a dining table. Hopefully did it right.

And of course 4 little cherries. :pView attachment 16376View attachment 16377View attachment 16378View attachment 16375

Attachments

• DSCF1127.JPG
    DSCF1127.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 114
  • DSCF1128.JPG
    DSCF1128.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 134
  • DSCF1130.JPG
    DSCF1130.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 102
  • DSCF1132.JPG
    DSCF1132.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 111
Last edited by a moderator:

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
It looks very nice and they will be very happy when they get to bask in the sun. :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
What a GREAT little enclosure. I love those storage bins. I have a couple that I use for the Summer too...for BT babies and my little Cherry. Your's looks fantastic and I love the flowers. Beautiful!!

Pond_Lilly

5 Year Member
Tampa, FL
Thank you! I bet they like it too. I got everything on sale, so the whole thing is probably less than 70 bucks. The bin has some wheels attached, so it can even be moved around. I also drilled some holes in it for drainage.
I used to bring them outside in their "baby bin" that was mostly moss, but now they have graduated for a bigger bin with plants. Now there will be an uphill battle with ants, as I already see some that are very happy with this set up too :p

terryo said:
What a GREAT little enclosure. I love those storage bins. I have a couple that I use for the Summer too...for BT babies and my little Cherry. Your's looks fantastic and I love the flowers. Beautiful!!

I was actually very inspired by your enclosures :) and I found one you had sometime ago in a bin too, with lettuce on its sides. It looked so good that I decided to make something similar. Thank you for inspiration!

jkingler

5 Year Member
Looks nice and lush in there. I am sure they have no complaints. You have an eye for arrangement and I'd say you did your inspirations proud. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.