5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, CA

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
That all looks like water turtle food to me, it is usually higher in protein. Ask your feed store to order and then wait, in all honesty your tortoise won't suffer any il effects from waiting the two months, as long as he is eating other stuff.

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
MikeCow1 said:
turtlemann2 said:
check out this page http://theturtleroom.com/2012/04/27/commercial-foods-benefitsuses-staplessupplements/#comment-289 mazuri is listed but so is purina aquamax 500 (which is nearly identical) 40$ for 50lbs at any feed store... i made the switch long ago and have NEVER regretted it :) check it out

That Mazuri is for water turtles. There's a difference between that and the tortoise on, isn't there?

there is a differance? if there is my bad forget the link, if there is not a mazuri specificly for tortoises and it is the same then the link still stands as a great money saver, and yes the article was writtin for water turtle keepers but can relate to this thread IF there isnt a differance between mazuri s

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My feed store always orders Mazuri products. They have a supply on hand of exotic pig diet, pond food, water fowl food...all made by Mazuri. So when I asked them if they would order me some Mazuri Tortoise Diet, they did it without even blinking an eye.

You must not be asking the right question. Any feed store that stocks Purina products can order Mazuri products too. And they shouldn't have any extra shipping charges because it comes with their regular order.

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
I call saying "do you happen to sell Mazuri Tortoise diet?" then they reply "sure, we can try to order that for you." it's hell in Portland :)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
There is a zoo in Portland right? see if they feed mazuri product and sweet talk them into ordering you a bag.. ;-)

Gus

5 Year Member
Try it out from one of the member in this forum spikethebest (SPIKE!!!) he's selling mazuri as for the price he charge for shipping you would have to chaeck with him!

Status
Not open for further replies.