Impaction? ...or just constipated

froggyraine

Hey guys .. Henry hasn't been to the toilet properly for around 10 days,he's still eating and getting bathed every day. Is there anything I can do to help him ?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It may be possible that he is eating it. Otherwise, when you soak him, make it in a large container and maybe a little deeper water so he has to and can move around a lot. The movement will help get things inside him moving. Also foods high in water like cucumber will help if he is actually a little constipated, but don't feed too much.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Don't pacic, it happens to Oli too every now and again.

I soak him in quite warm water and leave him there for about 20-25 minutes, after which things go fine.

Please keep us updated.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yes, as Gillian says, make sure the water is a bit warmer than usual and as Wellington says, lots of room to wiggle about.
I use a little bit of fresh fig fruit (don't feed too much), it's always done the trick so far....and how!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Cucumber, watermelon and cactus are all good at moving things along. Also, remember that tortoises can't digest food if they are kept below 80 degrees.

froggyraine

Good lol sorry for all questions it's just its turned out everything I was told when I bought him / she lol wasn't quite right thanks for the advice

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Good lol sorry for all questions it's just its turned out everything I was told when I bought him / she lol wasn't quite right thanks for the advice
Good LORD!
Another member has seen the light!!:)