I'd like you to meet RUBY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
This is the newest addition to our Cherryhead family and her name is Ruby. I thought it was an appropriate name. I haven't measured her yet, but will do that soon. I'd say she's about 3 1/2 inches long and about 2 inches wide. We got her today at the Expo from Tyler Stewart (Bluebeast Reptiles). We tried our best to pick out a girl (if you can do that at this age). It doesn't matter at least Dale will have a friend. She's almost 1 year old and wow was she ever active today. She's already been soaked and tried again to get into her water dish and she's already eaten (little piggy she is). She loves Radicchio. She's already tried to climb up on her hide and now she's sleeping. The boys are thrilled because she is so small. Noah says that she's his and that's fine because he wanted one of his own. I think Dale must have smelled her because he trampled over his Aloe plant and looked like he was trying to see what we had. Anyway let me introduce you to Ruby.

DSC00415.jpg

DSC00394-1.jpg

DSC00395-3.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

DSC00403-1.jpg

DSC00402-1.jpg

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations Candy! I'm crossing my fingers for a girl.

She's a looker alright. One of the best cherries I've seen. :)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Thank you. Yes we're hoping for a girl. I think she's a looker too. I took her picture without a light so she might look a little darker then she really is. I'll measure her tomorrow and post it. Getting a little nervous now that it's nightime. I've been checking her temps. all day to make sure they're right. So far 85 basking spot so that's good, but I'm not sure for babies how low it should get at night. Does anyone know that?

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I think I saw you today at the expo - standing next to you when you were buying Ruby - I heard you say her name. :) She's beautiful!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Darn it I only got to meet Josh and Cory and they were basically busy. Did you get to go over to the booth that TFO had set up? I guess we should have on buttons or something. :D

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
AAaawww! Such big black eyes and expressive face! :)

She looks like she wants to belong to Noah. :D

So sweet and tiny! You must be thrilled and she is a lucky little tort to have landed in Dale's neighborhood. ;)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
What is it about owning tortoises that makes you want more of them? :D I think Ruby is looking around in her enclosure right now looking for her brothers and sisters. I kind of feel a little bad for her she's used to having them around to climb on. :(

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Candy said:
Darn it I only got to meet Josh and Cory and they were basically busy. Did you get to go over to the booth that TFO had set up? I guess we should have on buttons or something. :D

I should have said something to you because I heard you say something about Dale, but I'm new to this forum, so I wasn't sure. I did get over to see Littlefoot, but like I said, I didn't know any body. I came home with two Indian Stars - an unexpected purchase - but I'm in love! :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
You finally got your baby Candy. Congrats .....she is a beauty! Boy does that cute "cherry nose" stick out. lol I'm starting to feel bad for Pio now.

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Ohh shes so cute!!! I couldn't make it to the expo..but maybe its a good thing I didn't, I probably would've wanted to take home a friend for Ernie :p Lucky you! Congrats!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Kimber, we definitely need pictures of your new baby Indian Stars. My husband pointed out one of the booths that had a few Indian Stars, they were soooo little and cute. :D

Terry, I think it will be a while before Dale becomes friends with this one. She is so little, kind of the same as Pio when you first got him (maybe she's a little bigger), but I do think you do need another Cherryhead because you've done such a great job raising Pio. ;)

Sammi, I bet you would have because I actually saw a good sized Russian Tortoise (and nice looking too) that someone was actually selling for $50.00! Do you believe that? I was kind of shocked at that price because like I said it was a good looking one. :)

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Candy said:
Sammi, I bet you would have because I actually saw a good sized Russian Tortoise (and nice looking too) that someone was actually selling for $50.00! Do you believe that? I was kind of shocked at that price because like I said it was a good looking one. :)

Uh, oh! I sense a sales pitch here! He's Russian, he's foxy, he's only $50...and the Expo is open again tomorrow...;)

I am glad I don't live out there! Since a Sulcata is very unrealistic for my Colorado climate, I think a Russian would be my second choice. Wish you'd taken a picture of my dream tort, Candy! :p

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Congrats on your new addition! Ruby is ADORABLE!! One of the best looking torts I've ever seen!
She really makes me want a cherryhead! Some day... :D

llamas55

5 Year Member
Northfield, MN
I know- the Expo- sigh. I told Bob (both of us and the whole entire state waiting for the MN cold spell of 2 weeks to break today, with a whopping plus 18 degrees that will feel SO much better)...there is a tortoise Expo in Petaluma. I could get that second cherryhead. That is one cute baby. The pix were a good fix for us, thanks!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Congratulationsss Candy!!!! Ruby is a real cutie :D I love the pics of your son and Ruby, he looks very proud :). Dale is going to have a girlfriend :D How long will you wait until you introduce them to each other?

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Stephanie Logan said:
Candy said:

Uh, oh! I sense a sales pitch here! He's Russian, he's foxy, he's only $50...and the Expo is open again tomorrow...;)

I am glad I don't live out there! Since a Sulcata is very unrealistic for my Colorado climate, I think a Russian would be my second choice. Wish you'd taken a picture of my dream tort, Candy! :p

Uughh you guys are terrible! :p Unfortunately I can't make it..I had to work yesterday, and I work again today =[ But yes, if I was there, that little russian would've definitely had a new home!

Status
Not open for further replies.