I WANT TO THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

SeleneeNicole

5 Year Member
I recently went to the pet store where they told me to get the coil UVB bulb. Lately Penelope has been hiding and hasn't wanted to come out. Last night I took her out for a soak (I had been on a weekend trip and my sister wasn't very good at taking care of her [PERSEVERING FACE]) and she didn't open her eyes for about 5 min. I was thinking that she was just tired but then I read on the forum that coil bulbs are proven to cause retina damage. I FELT SO BAD I WAS HURTING MY BABY! So this morning I turned it off and guess what........ She comes out right away! I can't believe I didn't know this sooner. I just want to thank you guys because you hadn't let me know, the outcome could have been much worse. [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

mikeh

5 Year Member
Good move, return the bulb, tell them no thank you. Get yourself a nice Zoomed T5 HO fixture and bulb. I believe if you do search on the internet, fixture with 5%UVB tube included can be had for $40-$ 55 depending on size. You will just need to place the fixture closer to the tort since its 5%UVB tube. Or purchase a separate 10% tube.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
Petsmart has some decent deals as well. You can also get one from Amazon and a pretty cheap lamp fixture for it. I got an 18" bulb and the fixture for $29 shipped. It isn't very pretty, but it is a pretty good deal. And the fixture comes with a bulb that puts out UVB as well that you can use in a pinch.