I said; "Give me back my DOG"

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That poor puppy.😢
I would for sure save my dog. However, I wouldn't be so stupid to let my dog get in that situation!!!
I don't understand the people that live in these areas. You know the dangers of where you live, why let your pets even get close to an area that could be dangerous?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That poor puppy.😢
I would for sure save my dog. However, I wouldn't be so stupid to let my dog get in that situation!!!
I don't understand the people that live in these areas. You know the dangers of where you live, why let your pets even get close to an area that could be dangerous?
I think people who live in those areas are inured to the danger and don't think about it like those of us who don't live there do.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I think people who live in those areas are inured to the danger and don't think about it like those of us who don't live there do.
Probably. But, I hear or see on news or videos of so many. I just don't understand how they can not always be on alert.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Probably. But, I hear or see on news or videos of so many. I just don't understand how they can not always be on alert.
Being on alert all the time is too stressful! They have too much stress already. They just hope for good luck.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'd definitely kick some Gator a$$ to protect my dog. Especially a little runt of a Gator like that one.

I don't think most non Floridians know just how common gators are now. You need to keep your pets away from lake, pond, canal or even large puddle banks.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'd definitely kick some Gator a$$ to protect my dog. Especially a little runt of a Gator like that one.

I don't think most non Floridians know just how common gators are now. You need to keep your pets away from lake, pond, canal or even large puddle banks.
I see it the other way. The Floridians are not taking it seriously enough. Non Floridians may not expect a Gator in a condo subdivision fountain pond where a Floridan might, but being by a lake, pond, or stream, because we don't know exactly where they have been spotted, I would think we would be more cautious.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I see it the other way. The Floridians are not taking it seriously enough. Non Floridians may not expect a Gator in a condo subdivision fountain pond where a Floridan might, but being by a lake, pond, or stream, because we don't know exactly where they have been spotted, I would think we would be more cautious.
True

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
get close to an area that could be dangerous?

Not for nothing..............

You live near Chicago! Yikes!

as Y said, people become "used to".....like the frog in the water slowly brought to a boil and it's own death.

As I see it, as the #'s of gators blows up into the millions again, people and their habits are the "frogs".....gators, crime, weather, taxes, even erosion. Human nature says folks will stay till forced to leave.

I'm kind of surprised we don't hear of more "my wife was taken by a gator" stories. Seems easier then the left-turn divorce I'm heard about in Fla.....LOL

Didn't they nearly become extinct in the 60's? Like 8000-25,000 gators left at one point? Now there are somewhere around 5mil?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I was an "over the road" truck driver some 30 years ago or somethin, I drove for a company who paid .45 a mile more if I picked up east of the Mississippi and delivered east of the Mississippi...so I would do that for months. My opinion is that of a California girl...I delivered in Miami twice...refused to go there again. It was a toilet. So I figured most of Florida was that way and after 3 or 4 months of seeing 'gators walking up the street, I headed west again....

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
I suspect alligators are the California equivalent of coyotes when it comes to small pets. SO MANY people let their cats or small dogs out unattended, hoping the odds are in their favor. But even IF you are vigilant (or paranoid like I am) its still entirely possible for a coyote to get your dog a mere few feet from you...

I see similar videos like this (TBH I didn't watch this one, they are too upsetting to me) where its like "fierce chihuahua (or cat, or xxx) fends off Coyote (or bear, or bobcat, or xxx)" and its like the only reason THIS video is shared is b/c it was unusual, normally it would just be a snuff film.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
You are "safe" with this vid Sin, it's just an old guy who has proper perspective on the ratfink that is trying to eat his little pup.....it's funny, not harsh.

I love intrepid people...........they teach that life isn't to be lived, in fear.