I may have stressed my red foots out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanktheturtle

5 Year Member
Hello my name is Rebecca and I have two red foots. I recently moved them outside to an outside garden like area. I take them in at night. While inside they were eating great and now that they are being put in and out they both stopped eating and drinking when they were before. I live in West Jordan Utah. They came from petco so I don't beleive they have ever had much outside time. What should I do? Just a little nervous. I want to do things right. I love these little guys!!
Thanks for all your help!
Happy turtling!!!
Rebecca, Tank:tort: and flower:tort:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the Forum :D and we LOVE PICS :p

Well, they may be a bit out of sorts due to the change....but if you make this part of their routine they will come around....just make sure that the weather is warm and that they can have a place to hide that is safe and also the ability to muck about...now if while outside they have opportunity to free graze that may also play into their food desires ...I know that on the days the RFs here are out for the day they munch about and then don't touch their food offerings indoors....:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Rebecca:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

tanktheturtle

5 Year Member
tanktheturtle said:
Hello my name is Rebecca and I have two red foots. I recently moved them outside to an outside garden like area. I take them in at night. While inside they were eating great and now that they are being put in and out they both stopped eating and drinking when they were before. I live in West Jordan Utah. They came from petco so I don't beleive they have ever had much outside time. What should I do? Just a little nervous. I want to do things right. I love these little guys!!
Thanks for all your help!
Happy turtling!!!
Rebecca, Tank:tort: and flower:tort:

Thank you so much! That makes so much sense! Thanks for all of the welcomes I am excited to be able to talk to some people about my turtles. They are awesome and I really appreciate it!!!!

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
First- is it humid enough for them outside? Don't worry about the general humidity- is it humid enough in the habitat? Plants, hides, etc. will all affect the humidity levels down where they are. Warmth and humidity really affect their appetites. Mine usually pig out after a rain or even running the sprinkler.

Next- do you have to move them? If they could be kept warm (70ish) and safe overnight, they can stay out and it would be a lot less stressful.

Status
Not open for further replies.