I have two young adult tortoises I am looking for a good home for them

Debra Deanne Olson

they have been well cared for. Both around 3 years old in perfect health.
One is a beautiful Golden Greek Male and the other is a Male marginated.
I live in Los Angeles and will send photos to an interested party.
I'd like to trade for one or two cherry head red foot tortoise babies if possible.
My guys need more room to roam.
Thanks So Much!
Please call Debra 310 904-8828

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello and welcome. I see that this is your first post, so we may never get another chance to chat.

Are you aware that tortoises should not be kept in pairs? Its true. Singles are best and groups usually do okay, but pairs are problematic. We had one new member with two cherry heads that ignored our advice to separate them, and then came back after six weeks and informed us that one tortoise had literally bitten off the other's tail and back leg, and she wanted to know what to do.

Also, If you don't have room for your current young tortoises, how will you have room for two tortoises of a larger species?

Debra Deanne Olson

Hello and welcome. I see that this is your first post, so we may never get another chance to chat.

Are you aware that tortoises should not be kept in pairs? Its true. Singles are best and groups usually do okay, but pairs are problematic. We had one new member with two cherry heads that ignored our advice to separate them, and then came back after six weeks and informed us that one tortoise had literally bitten off the other's tail and back leg, and she wanted to know what to do.

Also, If you don't have room for your current young tortoises, how will you have room for two tortoises of a larger species?
Good to know Tom. Thanks. I was thinking of getting just one cherry head! Any thoughts on what to do with my oh hers?
And are you familiar with Cherry Heads?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Good to know Tom. Thanks. I was thinking of getting just one cherry head! Any thoughts on what to do with my oh hers?
And are you familiar with Cherry Heads?

Greeks and Marginateds are desirable tortoises. Hopefully someone will see this thread and contact you to adopt them.

I don't keep RFs or Cherryheads because they don't do well in my climate, but there are lots of breeders here on this forum. I think there are other species that are better suited to our dry climate. Like Greeks or marginateds, for example. :)