I had a "Lassie Come Home" moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Well 2 weeks ago I got a very nice looking box turtle from a Navy guy who could not take care of him anymore. It looked like a cross from an EBT and a 3-toed. It got the best qualities of each :D Well a few days later my Dad came and placed him in my red foot outdoor enclosure while I was at work and when I came home he was gone. We loked everywhere, dug around, and after a long while searching- no luck. That was 2 weeks ago.

Well today I placed my 4 red foots in their outdoor enclosure then went to work. When I got home, the box turtle was there with them. It made no sense.. There is absolutely no way out or in. I checked everywhere. It is still a mystery on his reappearance but Im glad he's home safe and can give him the proper care. I guess "Lassie" came home haha.

Well has anyone every experienced something like this? Also how in the world does it hide for 2 weeks without me seeing it? The enclosure is only 12 feet by 3 feet. very strange...

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Box turtles dig down and you cant really tell where they are unless you go through every inch of the dirt with your hands. With the colder weather he was probably not moving around very much. When it warms up they might come out. I had a group of ornates that were pretty hard to find sometimes

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
RE: I had a "Lassie Come Home" moment

Maybe he did dig. I couldn't find any signs of digging though ...

Status
Not open for further replies.