Humidity

Justin 15

Hi everyone, another question here...

So I've been pretty bad as I have never took notice of humidity. The only thing I've been worried about is my substrate and temps. I feel so bad now after reading a few threads :(
What has Hermann's enclosures gotta be at?
As some of you know I've got like a rabbit cage, so wouldn't the moisture just evaporate. I was thinking of just getting a garden spray thing and spray it down.

Also...from my last thread, about the enclosure, I am making preparations for a larger enclosure.... :) just wanted to get that out there to my last responders.

Thanks.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Take a look at the care sheet under the Hermannis section. The rabbit cage is not a good enclosure, glad your changing it. Sooner then later will be best. While using the rabbit cage, cover it with something to try and keep some humidity in.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
If you covered it with a damp towel , maybe it would help til you can get something better ? Or a damp towel and then something plastic to hold that moisture in ? :tort:

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
According to Chris' care sheet, humidity should be about 70%.
You really need a closed chamber as soon as possible.
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/closed-chambers.32333/
In the mean time, mixing water into the substrate, but keeping temps up, soaking for 15 to 20 minutes daily and providing a terracotta saucer big enough to soak in would help, as well as trying to cover the cage.