Humidity for non-hatchling stars?

uscpsycho

Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Seems like all of the info I can find here is with respect to humidity for baby stars. But what about juveniles or adults? Does nobody say anything about that because it doesn't change as they get older? Or can/should you reduce humidity for older stars? If so, when would you start?

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
Juvenile and adult stars can benefit from the same care as what we recommend for hatchlings but it isn’t as crucial. Hatchlings are smaller and can dehydrate much quicker then older tortoises.

I keep star hatchlings in their hot/humid indoor enclosure until they are about 2 years old, with about an hour or 2 a day outdoors.

After that I’ll move them outdoors in a well planted enclosure with lots of possibilities for them to hide in humid areas. They also have a heated house they can enter at any time and humidity levels in there are about 60% at any given time. During the summer I don’t bother putting them away at night, but during the winter I’ll lock them up every night in their heated house. This is what works for me in Southern California with Indian, Sri Lankans, and Burmese stars.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Seems like all of the info I can find here is with respect to humidity for baby stars. But what about juveniles or adults? Does nobody say anything about that because it doesn't change as they get older? Or can/should you reduce humidity for older stars? If so, when would you start?
Its humid where both species come from year round. Even the "dry" season in India features 60-80% humidity most of the time. The wet season is 80-100%.

I humidify the night boxes for them when they move outside. Mine stay around 80%. I also have plants and bushes and run the sprinklers daily during hot dry weather. In return they give me 80 -100 babies a year. I think they like what I'm doing.