How to treat runny nose

Linhdan Nguyen

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Was the water warm throughout the whole 1 hour soak? Or was the water cold when the 1 hour was done?
Your tortoise could have gotten sick from sitting in cold water, and if their immune system is already weak.

Mina Adel

Was the water warm throughout the whole 1 hour soak? Or was the water cold when the 1 hour was done?
Your tortoise could have gotten sick from sitting in cold water, and if their immune system is already weak.
yes i think they have respiratory infection. the water becomes cold and their immunity is weak. i don't know what to do now...

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
yes i think they have respiratory infection. the water becomes cold and their immunity is weak. i don't know what to do now...
Just do as suggested above, bump the temp up to 82-85F, day and night. Keep him separate! You dont want the other tortoises getting a respiratory infection either.
Keep soaking the tortoise. 20-30 mins a day. Make sure the water is always warm !
And keep offering foods.
Does the sick tortoise still eat?

Mina Adel

Just do as suggested above, bump the temp up to 82-85F, day and night. Keep him separate! You dont want the other tortoises getting a respiratory infection either.
Keep soaking the tortoise. 20-30 mins a day. Make sure the water is always warm !
And keep offering foods.
Does the sick tortoise still eat?
yes he eats...
some one told me to put antibiotic drops in his nose.
one drop each day.

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
yes he eats...
some one told me to put antibiotic drops in his nose.
one drop each day.
Im no expert. Ive only had my russian tortoise for 6 months. Everything i know, I've learned from here. So i dont know about the antibiotic drops in the nose.
Making sure you bump the heat up to around 82-85F should help though.