How to make a tortoise. More active

Laurensz

Hey guys..
I have 2 rf tortoises they are mostly of the time Hiding and sleeping, only if i get them out of their habitat and give them food they are super active and are walking around and exploring. But i thought that you all would now how to make my tortoises more active. Hope u can help me:)

~laurensz

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
We need more info.

How long have you had them?
What size enclosure?
What are your four temperatures? Warm side, cool side, basking area and overnight low?
What heating and lighting equipment are you using? Any coil type UV bulbs?
Substrate?

Are you aware that they should not be living as a pair and the stress of this could be a big contributing factor here?

Letting them walk around on the floor is very dangerous and stressful too. They get active there because they are freaked out about being totally exposed in unfamiliar territory with no cover.

Laurensz

I have them for about 1 1/2 week
The exclusie is 2 meters long with many Hiding places.
I live in aruba and the hydration is good i have a outside enclosure and a inside dor them (inside for the night)
They have slot of sun and shadow and the substrate is dirt..
If they are outside i have always an eye on them :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
If you've only had them for 10 days or so, it's not a wonder they are hiding a lot, they're still uncertain of their new environment and it's good they are as active as they are. they will adjust. Give them time to understand they are not going to be eaten and that you are the food god, not an enemy.
if you're using coil bulbs for UVB get rid of them.