How often do hatchlings poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

new2turtles12

5 Year Member
I got my hatchling sulcata on Thursday and have not seen it poop or urinate. I have also soaked it for about 15 mins a day and have still not seen anything? Any suggestions would be very helpful thank you.

Attachments

• image-3519846274.png
    image-3519846274.png
    244.4 KB · Views: 40
  • image-299997931.png
    image-299997931.png
    237.4 KB · Views: 44

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Is he eating? Maybe try soaking him longer and in a larger container so he can walk and scramble around. They exercise sometimes gets things moving. You probably won't see them pee as easily. Also, they will eat their own poop sometimes. Could that be possible. It is small, maybe your just not finding it.
Also, if you haven't yet, check out the threads at the bottom of my post. Great for raising a smooth sulcata.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Soak him in Luke warm water two times a day. I soak my Leo's three times and they at least poop once a day.

new2turtles12

5 Year Member
Update: the sulcata Bella is pooping and urinating, thank you all for the helpful advice! Oh but does anyone know what I can use to help get the poop off her face that wont hurt her eyes, right now I'm using a toothbrush.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I have always used a toothbrush to clean my torts. Just got to be carefull around their eyes. I am lucky tho in that I am only cleaning off Mazuri and greens off of their faces. Ophelia has never ate her poo and Cooper dont have a chance as he is bathed everyday for at least 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.