how much does your baby eat??

Status
Not open for further replies.

blastoise91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NV
Hey i have a 2 week old tort id guess. I wanna make sure he is eating enough. Wanna get an idea what is normal. I feed once or twice a day. I try to give more than he will eat. I give maybe 3 leaves of greens ripped up each time. mounds a large bottle cap i use for a bowl lol.

I know he needs more variety. Kinda tight for money right this moment. Wanna get an idea on what a healthy amount of food is for under six inches. (He is two inches). Ive heard you cant really overfeed them. Is that true?? Or should i be more careful?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It has been said before here on TFO to feed babies as much as they will eat. I feed my 10 month leopard two hand fulls a day, plus he can graze on the weeds growing in his pen. This is how I have fed him since I got him at two months.

P.S. I forgot to say, he doesn't always eat all of it:D

blastoise91

5 Year Member
NV
alright. Good to know. Ill make sure theres always a pile in there. Seems he only likes big 'fluffy' piles of greens lol. He mowes his way through the pile and sits on it or just goes and lays down somewhere. I can move him an inch fluff the pile and he goes to town like hes starving again!! Crazy pickey tortoises!! Make me laugh.

As he has been getting for the past week its more of like a handful a day he eats. Ill pump up the quantity and regurally check the pile so he actually eats it haha

Status
Not open for further replies.