How long have you had your tort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsherlock

5 Year Member
Hi Friends! I'm brand new to the forum and it's been a great resource when I have questions about my Dwarf Cherryhead, Margot.

I was just curious about how long everyone has had thier torts. On other sites and forums I struggle to find anyone who's been raising tortoises for more than 10-15 years. Are there any "lifers" out there who have been with thier torts since childhood, or possibly inherited a family tort?:tort:

My husband and I have been working hard on a tiki-style outdoor enclosure for Margot. I'll post pics of it and of her very soon. I'd love to get other's opinons and suggestions for economical solutions to tort needs.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
FLORIDA
I've had Bowser since she was a week old. Next week she will be 5 years old!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
It will be 30 years for me in september.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
:tort: Welcome!

:tort: I have been keeping torts for over 35 years, since i was eleven years old.

:tort: I have had one of my aldabra females since 1988, 23 & 1/2 years.

dsherlock

5 Year Member
Thanks for your replies, everyone! I'm really excited to be a part of this forum. Aldabraman seems to have the most impressive tortoise record so far. Amazing!

Below is a pic of my daughter and Margot sharing a 'moment.'
This pic is about a year old, and you can see that Margot has some pyramiding. My husband and I have made a lot of changes to keep it from getting any worse. One of them has been making her an outdoor enclosure so that she can get more natural sunlight and exercise.

Attachments

• LZ_Margot2_1.jpg
    LZ_Margot2_1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.