How hard can it be?

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
I have a sunroom that has a Wall mounted 30,000btu nat gas heater .......

In the 17.5 yrs I've lived here, I've never even turned on the gas valve. Not surprisingly when I checked it as we get the home ready for sale....it doesn't work.

Hmmmm
How hard can it be? This is after some disassembly.....not a whole lot in there to go wrong. The only "electric" part is the fan to spread the heat and it works fine.

20240510_084458.jpg

This...(me fixing it) became a little more imperative when the hardwood floor refinisher came by this morning to give my some options.

We'll see....I've got a great batting average though, if you forget about the broken bolt on the disposal...LOL

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Is it the valve itself?
I ask, because many years ago, before my "new" HVAC unit, it got down to the mid 40s here and I decided to turn on our gas furnace. The gas valve was off. But turning it on did nothing. It ended up being plugged up with green copper goo and some type of calcification.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I tried the hammer 1st Tim, a ball peen, a framing hammer but Kerry intervened when she saw the 2 pound "persuader".....lol "No Dents"

I wonder what that goo was Z, maybe that visoline they pack new metal parts in? You usually keep oil far from Nat gas but who knows?

I checked the valve, a Euro Sit #630...150 bucks to replace...ouch I got the pilot circuit to pass gas but the thermocouple wasn't allowing the main gas to open I think.

I ordered a universal thermocouple of the correct wattage and a new press-to Start ...so maybe 20 bucks gets it working....

btw, we passed on the $4,200 worth of floor work...we don't think we need it that bad and it busts my overall budget. I used to have 55 gal tanks where the China closet is...the floor is damaged below(hence the dollies).
IMG_3437.jpg