Hi! Glad to be here =] I'm a Sulcata owner =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Hey how is everyone! So I rescued a Sulcata that was abandoned by her original owners. I believe she is a girl and maybe 2-3 years of age. She is 8 and a half inches and a bit shy. She has some pyramiding going on because I believe she had an improper diet before I rescued her. I named her Mercy and she is a bit shy but a lovely tort. I'm doing my best to take real good care of her and feed her properly.

IMG_0168.JPG

I also have a yearling Sulcata and he/she is 3 inches in length and is the curious type. Love to roam around and is just a joy =] I named he/she Hope and I'm hoping he/she is a girl. If it ends up being a boy i'll rename it Shalom.

IMG_0173.PNG

I'm excited to join you guys and increase my knowledge of these amazing creatures!

Attachments

• IMG_0168.JPG
    IMG_0168.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0173.PNG
    IMG_0173.PNG
    532.5 KB · Views: 48

waterboy

5 Year Member
Riverbank, CA
welcome and enjoy them you will need a outdoor enclosure for mercy soon so be prepared and make sure they both get plenty of sun

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Pyramiding is not caused by the wrong diet. It is caused by them being too dry and dehydrated. Start soaking those babies daily and keep them warm and humid and they will both start to grow smoother.

There is all sorts of info about this in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.