HOME FOR A RT NEAR VT

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Castleton, VT
Hey,

A girl at my work got a female rt at a pet store a couple months ago. They told her the tortoise would be fine in a tank with a light which we all know is unacceptable. She emailed me today asking if I could take her and my animal family is already allot to care for and I don’t feel that my current enclosure is sufficient for two rts to live happily. She got her for her daughter and she no longer has an interest in her. I believe she has only had her for a couple of months. contact me if you are interested in giving her a good home.

twidgetmom

5 Year Member
We have a RedFoot and a good enclosure, how big is she? How much do you want for her? How far into Vermont are you??

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Castleton, VT
I'm not sure she's a Russian so I assume she's around 7 in just looking to rehome her to a good home. Located in the Rutland area. She's my coworkers so if I find her a home I will pick her up take her home before bringing her to meet her new family :) I can see about getting some pictures her current family they got her from a pet store only months ago

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
twidgetmom said:
We have a RedFoot and a good enclosure, how big is she? How much do you want for her? How far into Vermont are you??

You are not planning on putting them in the same enclosure are you? You should not keep different species together.

I hope your coworker's RT finds a good home (and hopefully from a forum member!) :)

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Castleton, VT
I agree they should not be in the same enclosure.

Thank you! I'm hoping we can find her a good home. I hate that I can't take her but it wouldn't be fair to my male Russian and I am not at all equipped to deal with eggs

twidgetmom

5 Year Member
I'm not planning on putting them together. I was using our RedFoot enclosure as a reference to let her know that all of our 6 babies are well looked after.

We have 2 Snappers-- Twidget is 4 years old, 18 inches long and 9 ponds.
Monty is one year old, 3 inches to tip of tail and about 15 ounces.

2 Eastern Painteds-- Vlad who is about 4 and is 4 inches long and 18 ounces & Rosie who is less than a year, 7 inches and 9 ounces.

Then there's Gertie the boxie, who is 7 or 8 and 4 inches and 10 ounces.

And my favorite Schnitt, who we've had since January & who is about 3 inches wide and about 7 ounces.

All have their own homes except the 2 Easterns who share a tank and do everything together!!

All of them are loved, well cared for and healthy. I think I have caught the turtle bug from my son and think a RT would be a great addition.

Pictures would be appreciated.

kaz311

5 Year Member
I have two russians. One female and one male. I seperate them when feeding give them soaks and water to drink and hydrate. I was looking for a female russian to add to the herd. They are very nice and the male does do courtships but he isnt aggressive. He lays his head on the females shell. They go and get along. If your tortoise could be with us she woulf bw a happy tortoise. I live in illinois but I can pay for shipping and handling I have a pretty good size tortoise table 7x4 14 inches deep