Hi - new here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nogast

5 Year Member
Hi,
I am steve..a former herpetologist at UF but now a medical oncologist in Baltimore. I am brand new to this site and need some help. I am quite guilty of acquiring a baby male sulcatta who is now over 50 pounds and whom I can no longer adequately house. Can anyone point me in a tortoise rescue direction? I am in Baltimore and unfortunately the local guy, Tim Houen has been ill. I am quite willing to contribute to the housing and care of the tortoise. I just want to make sure he ends up in a good home. I am sorry to invade your chat space but thought you might be able to help.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Steve:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Gee, its too bad you have to re-home your sulcata. And Baltimore isn't going to be easy.

Good luck to you. Maybe you can post some pictures of the tortoise for prospective adoptors.

I don't know how far away Turtle Rescue of Long Island is from you, but Julie there takes in lots of sulcatas every year and she places them in areas of the states where the climate is better for them.

If you ever talk to Tim again, please tell him Yvonne said "hello!"

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Brooklyn, New York
Hi Steve, You can reach out to Sean Casey Animal Rescue here in Brooklyn, NY. He may be able to help you re-home your tortoise. You can check him out on facebook and get all of his information. Claudia

Status
Not open for further replies.