Hi I'm new here. Need help identifying species! :D

turty123

Hey guys,

I have a tortoise who's been with us for 15 years. We'd like to know his exact specie so we could learn more about him. We bought him from Kuwait, in the Middle East.

Thanks !
IMG_2999.JPG IMG_2991.JPG IMG_2996.JPG
Screen Shot 03-07-17 at 12.20 PM.PNG

Last edited:

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Paris, Texas
Hello and welcome! He looks like he's been around for awhile! Do you live in Kuwait?

GingerLove

5 Year Member
I don't now what species, but he is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! Do you have a size comparison photo?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hello @turty123 and a very warm welcome to the forum! :)

Don't know what species your tort is - sorry. Whatever species it turns out to be, it is good looking. :<3:

Please begin by reading the "Beginners Mistakes" Thread. And ask any question when in need of help. ;)

Any pic(s) of your tort's enclosure?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I was also going with Greek, however, it looks like his back legs don't have spurs.

Welcome to the Forum, Turty!

turty123

Hello @turty123 and a very warm welcome to the forum! :)

Don't know what species your tort is - sorry. Whatever species it turns out to be, it is good looking. :<3:

Please begin by reading the "Beginners Mistakes" Thread. And ask any question when in need of help. ;)

Any pic(s) of your tort's enclosure?
Ermm, so we basically just let him roam around the house :/ Its one of the reason I wanted to identify his/her specie so I could know what environment it would like.