Hi from Malaysia.. Need Help

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Hi JoesMum,

Thank you for the response. It is quiet difficult to find variety greens for my Star. Many of the mentioned grass and greens in the care sheet I cannot find in the grocery store other than lettuce and kale (maybe it call by different names in Malay language). That is why i consider the pallet food as they have nutrients for my Star.
I understand the translation problems. I live in England and translating from US English causes enough problems. The same plants have different names in the UK and USA.

Sometimes google can help. Either get google to translate it, or just google to get the Latin name of the plant and then Google find out what the Malay common name is for the plant.

Also you can look at pictures of the plant to see if you recognise them.

Don't get too worried about the greens you buy. Lettuce, as a rule, is low in nutrients.

Darker greens tend to be healthier. Buy one thing and use it. Next time try buying something else and use that. That way your tort will get variety over time.

Using the European pellets maybe once or twice a week won't do any harm as long as you soften them with water and not juice

Daylan Landry

New Hampshire USA
I will consult with my husband the Malay names of what you need for vegetables and get back to you soon. He is currently at work...

Last edited:

Daylan Landry

New Hampshire USA
With all due respect JoesMum...Malay has different dialects depending on which State you are from in Malaysia. The Malay translation online is only Bahasa Malayu which is kind of a generic basic form of the language minus the dialects. Bahasa is primarily used by Indonesians and Singaporeans working in Malaysia etc. For the true Malay it is not exactly the same as what they are used to. Like British vs American English. I am willing to assist in that area for you both. Also, most likely they don't have all the same produce items so I will let her know what would be comparable accordingly.

Last edited:

Adzlan

Hi nasrul im from malaysia too, you also can feed them sawi vitamin which can find in supermarket, more dark green means more fiber, correct me if im wrong

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum!

A cute little tort. :<3:

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Guessing at some type of Asian wood or leaf turtle.
But carapace is very high domed.

Adzlan

Yea that what i thought, is it maybe because it have egg inside it??