Hi from Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacebabe

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi, i'm Alyson from Liverpool, UK and am about to become the owner to a 7 yr old Hermanns Tortoise. I have bought a Tortoise table with combined uv, heat, planted trays with seeds and added decoration.
The tortoise has unfortunatly been kept for 2 years in a viv like tank, with no heat or uv and as far as we know no light either. Not even sure on the diet being fed, what should when i put her in my table? Will the shock of heat and light upset her? Someone said to soak her in water as well?
Any advice gratefully accepted
Aly x

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Hi Alyson, welcome to the forum. I do not have Hermanns but I do have Greeks soaking will give her an boost in hydration. Sounds like you have a good indoor setup ready for her. I am sure a larger area like a tort table with planted trays, light and heat, will be a bit of a shock for her but a good one. Just see how she reacts and I think you will find she will love living with you rather than her last situation

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
welcome to TFO alyson! congrats on your new hermanns!

micki

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
uk
hi Alyson and welcome to the forum.:)

cassie333

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
hi alyson, i am sure your hermans will love his/her new set up, its just a shame he/she didnt come to live with you sooner!!!! i live in lancashire, and so am not that far from you. keep in touch.

SIMBER

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wigan, Lanc's UK
Hi Alyson, I'm fairly new to this place too.

I've have a hermann tortoise, his name is Bruce :) and we live in Wigan.

There seems to be a lot of people on here that know there stuff, I'm still learning about Bruce.

good luck with your hermann :)

tczar

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
el paso tx
sounds like you got that lucky totoise in the nick of time. I can already tell it will have a better life, peacebabe. Tom in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.