Hi All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanderingl

5 Year Member
So I was told that I should stop in here and tell a little about myself, so here goes...
I live in southwestern Michigan on a farm along with (are you ready for this) my husband, our 29 year old son, 9 dogs, 7 cats, 3 parrotletts, 3 peacocks, 1 goose, 1 muscovy duck (the gooses mate), 5 horses, 3 cows, 2 pot bellied pigs, 2 mini donkeys, 19 goats, 2 turtles and last but certainly not least...a cockatoo named Beaker.
I view every one of the above as a member of my family. Most of them would be called "rescues" and have come out of some pretty bad situations. However if the truth be told, they rescue me each and every day. I enjoy being associated with several rescue groups in the area. It's not uncommon for our home to have extra "children" (meaning the 4-legged type) while they're rehabilitating to move on to their forever home.
After years of working with developmentally disabled children and adults, I now work for a national tractor and feed store...not only for the paycheck, but mostly for the discount on feed. LOL
As for a hobby....I love horseback riding and Mother Nature.
My biggest wish....That animal cruelty laws and punishments were stronger!
Pretty much, this is me! It's good to be here. :rolleyes:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) I may just pass by your town on the way up to my family in Big Rapids MI. I'll beep the next time I go through.:D Love the zoo you have. Good for you. I also totally agree about the animal neglect and abuse laws. If they handed out my punishment, there wouldn't be any more animal neglect or abuse. I would show zero mercy.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well welcome, again I think. Wow thats a big line up, pretty impressive! I am surprised you dont have an African Grey. Ive been looking at getting one, I have looked at a couple rescues but haven't found one for me yet. Hope you enjoy your time here. There are some very smart and helpful people here. :)

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome..thats a lot of four leg animals you were have. Pretty impressive. Ill bet they are glad you are in their lives. Its awful to have to see the animal abuse that happens on a daily basis. What they need to do to these people is lock them in a cage for a week with no food no water, let them sit in their own feces. Wonder if they will do it again...

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Hi and welcome!
You will fit right in with all your pets!! :)
I would love ro see some pics of them!.....hint :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, wanderingl!

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Welcome to tfo. You will find lots of people here with the same passion for our critter kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.