Hi all...I'm new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calypso59

5 Year Member
:)i'm a newbie and I have a Russian Tortoise named Ivan. i'd like to find a hermann as well. Looking forward to reading and learning. I'd love to have a leopard, a redfoot , and yellowfoot as well. Actually trying decide who Ivan's next sibling will be...any ideas? thanks:tort:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello and welcome. I'm all for having lots of tortoises, but just want to make sure you intend to house all those torts on your wish list separately. When do we get to see some Ivan pics?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! You do know we are all going to suggest our favorite species for your next tortoise, right? :D So I vote for a Hingeback. :D Actually, how big of an animal are you wanting to end up with? Want one with a diet like your Russian or something with a bit different diet and housing environment?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Calypso59:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like for us to call you?

Also, when we know approximately where you are, it helps us design our answers to better fit your questions.

Jessie

5 Year Member
Welcome! I have a Russian as well. And I'm getting a hatchling soon. I would say Russian number 2. They are awesome. :)

Calypso59

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Calypso59:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like for us to call you?

Also, when we know approximately where you are, it helps us design our answers to better fit your questions.
My name is Doreen and I live in upstate New York. I have always loved tortoises. when I was a child I always was on the lookout for box turtles. now as an adult I adopted a Russian named Ivan from a coworker. i would like to add another tortoise or two to the family. I'm having difficulty narrowing it down. Thanks for the welcome all:)

Calypso59

5 Year Member
:) Hi ....I havr decided on my next tortie baby or shoulsd I say babies. I am eagerly awaiting 2 redfoots(14 weeks old) and 2 Leopards (9 weeks old)...so excited. I have 3' by 2' homes for each type. Anyone give me their best recommendations on substrate, heat type and lighting preferences? I have my russian Ivan on Reiptibark, but I've read that cypress is best. Any and all suggestions would be much welcomed. thanks inn advance, Doreen

Status
Not open for further replies.