Hey!!!!

Pan Li

IMG_3276.JPG IMG_3280.jpg IMG_3297.jpg IMG_3317.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 1.JPG Hey, everyone.
I am Pan and I live in Utah. I have a beautiful aldabra tortoise-Princess. She is four years old now. I got her in 2011. She is about 25 lbs. I have been browsing this forum for a while now. And today I decided to join. When I first had my aldabra there is not that much information about aldabras. But now there are more and more information about princess. I think it is the time to join! And today I found princess foaming from her mouth this afternoon. And my vet is already off work. So I went to the forum for information. Then I know she was in a heat stroke. I kept my aldabra in a cold climate for over four years and she turns out great! I would love to share my cold climate experience with others who want to have one in the cold climate! And here are some pictures of her and her enclosure.

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) Glad you joined. I hope your cutie is alright now. Most of us would love for you to share your cold weather care of your Aldabra.

Pan Li

yes, sure! I need to work on that part cause different age needs different care. And I developed a great formula with my vet for baby aldabras who are one year to two years old! So I will upload them later! And I gave her a nice cold shower and she is now resting in her house. Thanks for asking.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Pan welcome to the TFO from AZ. Great looking little ( oops ) tort .

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

puffy137

Hi Pan . wow Princess is really beautiful , thanks for showing her.:):):)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Pan!

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Welcome

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

Pan Li

Hey everyone, I have posted a winter care for aldabra tortoise under the advanced topic. The thread is named Cold Climate Winter Care For Aldabra Tortoise.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome to the forum. Good to have you here. Welcome. Welcome. You have a beautiful torts too. Great looking one.

Pan Li

Hey Pam,
I also live in Utah and this will be my first winter with my sulcata. I'd love to find out what you've done.
Hey, Jason! I have my care list attached to this reply. I hope it will be helpful to you. Just be sure that I have a aldabra which is way bigger than a sulcata, so some of the specific numbers may need to be altered to fit your needs.

Attachments

• Winter Care For Aldabra Tortoise.pdf
    47.7 KB · Views: 13

Prairie Mom

Hi Pan:) Your garden balcony rules the world! That is some beautiful and creative urban landscaping! Well done. I too, will be looking for inspiration in your winter care post. Also, you and "Jason-African Spined" live in a beautiful state. We love Utah. Welcome to the forum. The members here are so helpful and kind.

Aaron23

5 Year Member
View attachment 96032 View attachment 96033 View attachment 96034 View attachment 96035 View attachment 96037 View attachment 96038 Hey, everyone.
I am Pan and I live in Utah. I have a beautiful aldabra tortoise-Princess. She is four years old now. I got her in 2011. She is about 25 lbs. I have been browsing this forum for a while now. And today I decided to join. When I first had my aldabra there is not that much information about aldabras. But now there are more and more information about princess. I think it is the time to join! And today I found princess foaming from her mouth this afternoon. And my vet is already off work. So I went to the forum for information. Then I know she was in a heat stroke. I kept my aldabra in a cold climate for over four years and she turns out great! I would love to share my cold climate experience with others who want to have one in the cold climate! And here are some pictures of her and her enclosure.

Aaron23

5 Year Member
hey pam
im thinking about buying a aldabra in like a year or so. i also live in utah in brigham city. what do you do during the winter when there is snow out? do you have a heated shed or something?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi @Aaron23 - This is a pretty old thread and Pan li hasn't been back here since last May. You will get more answers to your question if you start a new thread in the Aldabra section where other aldabra keepers will see it.